Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Only Half-Sicko

Thanks to flu-like symptoms, I'm wide awake in the middle of the night - umph!

Having flu-like symptoms stinks because eventhough I feel bad (muscle aches, sore throat, and chills) I'm not all-out sick (no temperature) - which means that I'm sick enough to stay at home but not sick enough to get the full-service sympathy treatment from the wife . . . especially with a 6-month old in the house!

Which leads me to admit that, when it comes to being sick, I'm probably more of a baby than Tate is. I know, that greatly deminishes your perception of me, doesn't it?

I think it has to do with the way I was treated when I got sick while growing up - I'm not an "only child" but since both my brother and sister are so much older than me I basically grew up as the only child in the house. Which meant that I was able to demand (and get) everyone's sympathy when I got sick.

I'm sure Kelly is pleased with that little aspect of my childhood!

So having said that, feel free to feel sorry for me! You're more than welcome to send flowers - but truth be told, I'd much more appreciate a Cookies & Cream shake from Chick-Fil-A!

WebMD says they're great for sore throats - at least that's what I'm telling Kelly!

No comments: