Watching Shannon, Brad and little Mallory has got me thinking about what it is going to be like this coming December when Kelly and I meet our little one for the first time.
Here are just a few of the thoughts about being a daddy floating around in my head:
1. If I agree to wake up with the baby during the night (every night), I wonder if Kelly will agree to change the diapers (every diaper!).
2. Oh goodie! Someone else to pester!
3. Diapers cost how much?
4. Formula cost how much?
5. Macy (our golden retriever) is about to take a huge step down in social status – although she’ll probably still be ranked higher than me.
6. I hope Kelly picks out a cool stroller that has a place to put my iPod (like the one Shannon and Brad picked out).
7. I wonder how people ever learned to be good parents before all of these books were written.
8. I hope the baby gets Kelly’s nose and not mine!
9. Fear the Colic!
10. What will the car seat do to the leather in Kelly’s car?
11. What will juice, snacks, toys, etc. do to the leather in Kelly’s car?
12. Can spit-up stain leather?
13. Teletubbies I can deal with - but I am NOT watching Barney!
14. Why does every little toy have to play an annoying song?
15. Yeah, I think I’m going to miss silence the most.
16. Finally! We get to decorate the ‘junk room’!
17. If it’s a boy: I can’t wait to teach him about the Cowboys, the Mavericks, The Beatles, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Jesus.
18. If it’s a girl: I can’t wait to teach her about the Cowboys, the Mavericks, The Beatles, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Jesus. (Did you seriously think I would be able to teach a girl anything about being a girl – that’s Kelly’s job!)
19. I really don’t care if it’s a girl or a boy – Lord, just let our baby be healthy!
20. Hearing the heart beat is love at first sound!
Double-click on the play button below to see what I’m really worried about when it comes to having a baby! (Thanks to AJ & Kelly for passing this on.)
America's Funniest Dads