Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Maverick fans sing "Everybody hurts!"


Following the NBA Finals debacle in which the Dallas Mavericks hand delivered a gifted wrapped championship to the Miami Heat, I received this email from someone who feels my pain . . .

I just thought I would let you know that I am contemplating selling all I have, moving to a far, far away land where no sportscenter and highlight clips can haunt my dreams. If I don't see you again for many, many years, know that I am probably in a remote village in Africa that lacks cable television.
In mourning,
Bert


I replied to Bert by asking if there was room for two.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Wade!
Thanks for finding our blog! Congrats to you and Kelly. Parenthood will suit the 2 of you very well.

We also are in mourning following the big loss on Tuesday. I bought a Mavs car flag 1/2 price today at Kroger in hopes of another run next year!

Wade said...

Hey Alison,

I can't believe that I will soon be responsible for a child - I've still got so much growing up to do myself!

Good thinking on the Mavs flag. Too bad season tickets aren't half off as well - not that I would be going to many games with a new born at home!