Friday, June 23, 2006

Obsessive Compulsive Confession #1

If there is anything I am obsessive compulsive about it’s TV and radio commercials. Blame it on my ‘Grumpy Old Man’ Complex but I really do hate them!

I don’t need all commercials to be funny, clever or even informative – just don’t make them so dang annoying! But then sometimes I’ll take annoying over disturbing. Case in point: the new Sprite Sublymonal commercial where the guy’s eye turns into a mouth – Disturbing! Not only does that commercial not make me want to buy Sprite, I’m considering doing away with carbonated drinks altogether!

I’ve managed to rid my life of most commercials by watching only recorded TV on my TiVo. When I see the same Man Law commercial for the 12th time: fast forward! When it becomes commercial time on my car radio I turn it off and make it Wade-enjoys-the-hum-of-the-road time – I’ve gotten pretty good at gauging when a radio station comes back from a commercial break.

Kelly says this kind of behavior only fuels my OCD/ADHD tendencies (OCD – obsessive compulsive disorder). I say this behavior helps me keep my sanity.

The commercial below is funny – although I have no idea what they are selling. (Double-click play button to start.)

No comments: