Friday, December 19, 2008

Kelly-ism #17

Last weekend, my awe-inspiring wife completed her 2nd White Rock Half Marathon.  

For her effort, she was given a medal, a really cool New Balance workout shirt, and a really big blister on the bottom of her foot!  

Since then, I think she was trying to garner sympathy because she kept propping her foot up for me to see her blister - each time sending me into violent convulsions since I'm a little squeamish with those sort of things.

Kelly finally got tired of my dramatics and exclaimed, "Love me - love my blister!"

I'm still trying to think of a response!

(Read here for an explanation to why the name above Kelly's number is Tara!)

3 comments:

Hermes said...

"Your blister is finite in its existence. You are not. As much as your blister is an extension of you, and in that regard is worthy of love, it is also a wound. An aberration. I can love it not as it both causes you pain and is destined to be gone soon, for which I will be grateful for your relief and promise hours of foot rubbing at that particular time." See if it works.

Wade said...

I'm writing this all on the palm on my hand in case I get the wording wrong . . . I'll let you know!!!

Anonymous said...

'Kelly finally got tired of my dramatics and exclaimed, "Love me - love my blister!"


I'm still trying to think of a response!'

(words & music by vera matson - elvis presley)
Love me blister,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.