Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Elephant In The Room

Considering recent events, I've discovered that I have at least one thing in common with Tiger . . . I have lots of explaining to do.

Our similarities abruptly end there.

I've gone from 3-4 posts a week to only 3 posts in as many months. There are two reasons for that.

When I started this blog, my job had me spending at least 2-4 hours a day in my car in addition to another 2 hours of sitting by myself in physician waiting rooms. Needless to say, I had plenty time to think of pointless, rambling blog material.

Then a little over a year ago I left that job (ultimately because I was bored out of my mind!) and took over my dad's clinical research company . . . Protenium Clinical Research - Moving Research Forward!

(Shameless Plug Alert!)

There are a lot of things I love about my new gig, but one of the draw backs is that keeping a company on track drains me of time and mental capacity for online ranting, much to the Evil Empire's delight.

Then there's Facebook. Sweet, clean, easy one-sentence status updates Facebook. Let's face it - Facebook is trying to kill my blog.

Bad, Facebook, bad!

At the same time, I've reconnected with so many more friends and family in the last year via Facebook than I ever did via my blog over the last three years.

Bad, blog, bad!

And I can honestly say that in the past few months I've contemplated actually signing off and hanging a "Moved to Facebook" sign on Wade's Rantings. Though I can't say that would NEVER happen, I can say that I now have a reason to keep blogging.

Kelly and I shared a couple months ago that we're having another baby in the spring. She and I already feel the guilt of not giving our second child near as much time, thought and attention as Tate by this point in his pregnancy. I think by the time Kelly was 20 weeks along with Tate, I already had a small novel written about him on my blog.

So far, Baby Strz has all of ONE.

(Uh-oh! I think CPS just pulled up in front of my house!)

All that being said, the last thing I want is Baby Strz to spend years in therapy as an adult because I didn't blog as much about him/her than I did about Tate. I think the guilt from that alone would have me spending year in therapy in itself.

So there you have it - it may not be 3-4 posts a week but dust off that boring looking Rounders 3 template and fire up the dashboard. This kid may have to play with hand-me-down Lightning McQueen toys but at least he/she will have his/her very own blog posts!

. . . OK, now it's Tiger's turn!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Pumped that you are back!!!! Also, PUMPED about baby #2!!! YAHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Love you guys.
J

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, a Wade post! Welcome back. At least Kelly kept us posted but that's about the only excuse you are allowed.

But as you see your feeds had not yet been deleted from my reader, so I am still following ;-)

How about a video again? I still love the one with the plastic fish that scared your poor son so much.