Thursday, November 06, 2008

Now This Is How You Do It!

So that I can prove to all of blogosphere that I'm not a total scrooge when it comes to pre-emptive Christmas celebrations, let me take a moment to actually endorse a local dining establishment for how they are marketing their yule time products.


Now this is how you do it!  Notice how Krispy Kremes is marketing the sale of their Christmas doughnuts starting on November 28th.  

(I'll pause so that everyone can check their calendars to see that November 28th is indeed the Friday after Thanksgiving!)

No pre-emptive Christmas celebrations here!  It would be so easy for Krispy Kremes to start selling their Christmas doughnuts before Thanksgiving but they know that would be un-American!

In fact, there's no better way to bring in this year's holiday season (as well as continue the fight against terrorism!) than by ordering a dozen holiday bites of heaven from Krispy Kremes on November 28th - the first day after Thanksgiving!

So let me sum up:  Boycot any establishments involved in pre-emptive Christmas celebrations (which we all know only worsens the effects of global warming) and eat lots of Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

See, I'm not a total scrooge!

4 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Those look good, I have not seen those up here. Please send me some and I will not open them until Christmas. I promise Uncle Wade.

I provide some tips on how to blow up your blog if you wish...;)

Cheers, Wade.

Julie said...

I am good with that!!!

Hermes said...

Aw, I never thought you were even a little scroogey. But the highly commercialized Christmas needs to be defeated. Not because of global warming. And it shouldn't be saved because the economy needs the boost. It needs to go so we can enjoy it in the way in which it was meant. Whatever that is...

Anonymous said...

I have a Christmas album for you in my latest, Wade. It is tasty.