Thursday, June 25, 2009

My "Little" Distraction

My previous post outlined the insanity that has been our lives - which explains my abscence from the blog world for the past few weeks.

But what it doesn't explain is why I've been on the blog DL over the course of this whole year. I would need this to explain that!



Back in January, I shared my decision to leave the "security" of Corporate America to join my Dad's clinical research company and assume his role as President. Needless to say, this new job has been a little distracting for the past 6 months . . . it has taken all of my time, energy and creativity - as one would expect!

I really love my new gig. But at first it had me feeling like my head was spinning three ways AND that I was drinking water from a fire hydrant. 6 months later, I now tell people I feel that I am only drinking water from a fire hyrdant!

But in the course of the first 6 months I have restructured the company into an LLC, rebranded the company with a new name and a new logo, and helped create a new company website.

I say "helped" because I couldn't have built our new website without the Jedi Knight skills of The Marketing Twins (website design), Reliable Studios (website construction) and Paige Pearson Photography (website photos).

(Paige has "Princess Leia" skills!)

I was excited that I could use friends who were experts in these fields - I knew I was in good hands with them! If you're considering a website of your own, I'd highly recommend these folks to help!

As I continue to get a handle on things I will be able to renew my focus and energy for my blog. Until then, it may just be 3 or 4 posts a month - unless something ticks me off something fierce and sturs up the "grumpy old man" in me!

In which case, you may all be wishing I would just hush up and go back to work!

2 comments:

Kelly Vaughn said...

Wade,
It has been fun to see the logo first, then the design of the site. We're thrilled to have participated on that side of things. Looks like Reliable turned it all into a real live website! Fun teammworking (is that a word?)

You seem to be drinking from the hydrant well - at least on the outside, you look cool and collected. Probably like those ducks: calm on the surface, but paddling like mad underneath!

Pearson Family said...

It looks great! Thanks for the shout out, not sure about the princess Leia reference!You crack me up. Wish you the best during this transition of your life! I can't wait to see the new house.