Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Owe Kelly BIG TIME!

I get together with Eric and Jeremy once a month for dinner and a prayer - though this month it was just me and Eric since Jeremy is literally on the other side of the world at the moment.

During said outting this past Monday I got a call from Kelly informing me that a friend from church had gotten a hold of sweet Texas Ranger tickets and had invited me to the game the very next night.

At first, I thought she was calling to taunt me because that would mean that she would have 2 evenings in a row of "guys' night out" while she stayed at home enjoying extra bonding time with Tate.

(Not that extra bonding time with our son is a bad thing - but some things are best in moderation, right?)

I wasn't quite sure what to say when she asked me what to tell Jake. These marital scenarios are best avoided at all cost! You can't seem overly eager to go because that would make you seem like you're not being considerate of her two nights at home with the squid.

But at the same time, you don't want to come across too nonchalant and miss out on the game should the door of possibility be slightly cracked open.

Kelly: "So . . . . what do you want me to tell Jake?"

(Careful! Don't blow it!)

Me: "Uh . . . . . . . . . I want you to tell Jake whatever it is you want me to tell Jake . . . . "

(Oooo, that sounded pretty good!)

Kelly: "Alright, I'll tell him you're looking forward to it!"

(YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!)



Did I say sweet tickets, or what?!?!?!?! This is the first pitch!

But as awesome as these sweet tickets were - my sweet wife is even awesomer!

Thanks for the double guys' night out, Babe! I owe you big time!

Oh, and a big thanks to Jake for inviting me, too!

_____________________________________

PS: Please feel free to leave helpful suggestions of how I should pay Kelly back!

5 comments:

Audra Laney said...

Oooohhh! How VERY nice of Kelly! Let's see:

1. A one hour massage
2. A shoe and purse shopping spree
3. Sleeping in on Saturday until 10:00am and breakfast/brunch in bed!
4. Dinner and movie--her choice!

Shannon said...

Did you really refer to your son as a "squid"?? Wade!!!

How about you treat Kelly to pedicures for her and her favorite sister (you have to pay her back for TWO nights out, right?)? :)

TREY MORGAN said...

Those are sweet tickets. I'm not sure I could have pulled that off without my wife, who is a bigger fan than I am.

I suggest a date to her choice of restaurant and a clothes and shoe shopping spree where you go along and pretend to enjoy ever minute of the shopping. :)

Unknown said...

Your undying devotion to her. Maybe do chores without being asked. A day at the spa with a friend, you might have to go see a chick flick and eat at a girly place!

Throw in a trip to Ann Taylor or Banana Republic, too.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Re: FB

I hope for continued good news for you and family.

God bless and I miss you on the blogs (without any negative judgment on my part;))

Cheers, Wade.