Thursday, April 13, 2006

I have come to the Dark Side

First, allow me to apologize to all my fellow hold-outs to whom I promised to never have a blog of my own. We all vowed to each other to resist the temptation to blog. We were supposed to stand strong together and look upon bloggers as overly-opinionated people with entirely too much time on thier hands. But it appears that my resolve to remain blog-free has dried up. Forgive me, for I have blogged (whimper!).

I'm sure my own dear, sweet, loving wife will be the first to say, "I knew you'd get a blog someday!" And knowing me like she does, she's right. I guess what pushed me to the Dark Side of blogs was knowing that everybody seemed to have a soap box to stand on and rant about something - except for me!

So it gives me great pride to announce the grand opening of Wade's Rantings - the unsolicited opinions of a thirty-something with a "grumpy old man" complex ("grumpy old man" complex is a hybrid of "good ol' day" syndrome and "this is the way things oughta be" psychosis - for which there is currently no cure).

I've never been one to think that I would have anything interesting to say; or if I did, that anyone would be interested in hearing me say it. But since that hasn't stopped anyone else from blogging - why should it stop me?

I guess you can say that is my little rant about blogs . . .

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry, I can't resist...I knew it would happen! Sounds a little angry? :)

Wade said...

It's interesting that you sense anger. Those of us who recognize the greatness of Star Wars understand that the emotion most responsible for pushing one towards the Dark Side is, in fact, anger.

That being said, I am not angry - I just have to come across as being a little reluctant to blog since I've benn known to do a little blog-bashing from time to time.

But since I can no longer resist the power of the Dark Side, you may as well call me Darth Blogger!

kel said...

i've actually been wondering how i might get ahold of you. jeremy and meredith are going to be in town next month, and i'm trying to get some people together. email me kelshew@hotmail.com. take care, k

GliterallyScoot said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. :-) It's better this way, ya know? Now you can just comment on people's sites and not worry with the pesky trouble of actually talking to them! j/k.
-Jo.

Wade said...

Ooooo! Good point!