Monday, August 25, 2008

33 Birthday Wishes



Well, another year – another birthday. Today, I turn 33.

To me, there’s not much excitement in turning 33. It’s not a milestone year. It’s not even a prime number. But it’s a birthday none the less.

So in honor of my achieving yet one more year sans death, here are my 33 random birthday wishes:

1. I wish I could hit a golf ball 275 yards straight down the fairway instead of 275 yards straight to the right - if I could, I might actually play golf.

2. I wish I was about 15 pounds lighter so I could ride my bike 5 mph faster.

3. I wish I could moderate my consumption of Dr. Pepper (sweet nectar of life!) so that I wouldn’t have to avoid it altogether.

4. I wish Blue Bell Ice Cream and Magic Shell had calories and fat grams that “don’t really count.”

5. I wish Jerry Jones would hire me to be one of his sons – oh the fun I would have in that family business!


6. I wish God used neon signs floating in the sky to tell me what he wants me to do.

7. I wish God would pull back the curtain, if only for a second, so that we could have a glimpse of Heaven.

8. I wish I could be as bold as God wants me to be.

9. I wish small, convertible (and fast!) sports cars were practical (and affordable!) automobiles for young families.


10. I wish I had kept playing the piano.

11. I wish could get more sleep.

12. I wish I could function longer with less sleep.

13. I wish Macy could wipe her feet before coming inside.


14. I also wish she could change Tate’s diapers.

15. I wish I had the ability to preview everything I say to Kelly before I say it to make sure my words and tone reflect the love I have for her.

16. I wish I could “TiVo” my radio.

17. I wish I could “TiVo” my job – that way I can press pause and come back to it whenever I want.

18. I wish my cooking tasted just like restaurant food.

19. I wish restaurant food wasn’t so dang expensive.

20. I wish I could make homemade ice cream like my grandmother.

21. I wish I knew how to fix cars.

22. I wish the Texas Ranger wouldn’t trade away every decent pitching prospect they have in the Minors.

23. I wish Jessica Simpson would stay away from Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboy Quarterback) during football season.

24. I wish the Dallas Mavericks would have just gotten it done 2 years ago when they were only 2 wins away from the championship.

25. I wish the Dallas Stars could find a goalie who could be Detroit.

26. I wish FC Dallas and the Dallas Desperados well.

27. I wish we could skip the next two and a half months of the presidential campaign and elect someone now so we can get on with our lives.

28. I wish Mac’s weren’t so dang expensive.

29. I wish someone would buy me a ski boat – because those things are expensive, too!

30. I wish Dallas/Fort Worth had more bike lanes like Roseville, CA.


31. I wish Dallas/Fort Worth was closer to the beach.

32. But at the same time, I wish Dallas/Fort Worth was closer to snow skiing in Colorado.

33. I wish the Germans would come over here and build us an autobahn – I’d love to see what my Ford Escape could do with no speed limits.

12 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Excellent wishes! Hope the ones about the Rangers and Cowboys come true! :)

Keri said...

happy birthday wade!

McCulleys said...

Happy Birthday Wade!! I loved your 33 wishes. I would like most of those too. I love the picture of Macy. You could probably hire her out if she could change diapers.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Happy Birthday Wade! Here's to your next 33 years and becoming Jerry Jone's son!

Audra Laney said...

Happy Birthday! I just told Andrew yesterday that I wished we could tivo the radio! Great minds think alike!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Happy Birthday, Wade.

Lee Majors emailed me...he wants you to start his Blogger fan club. It would kind of be an anti-fan club, but it would generate interest for bringing back the Six Zillion Dollar Man in reruns on more stations.

Russ;)

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Wade! Amen on numbers 6-8 seriously! Hope you had a wonderful day!

DeeAnne said...

happy b-day!

great list.

just one thing... i wish you weren't so old.

tee hee.

and i wish you were older than me... for purely selfish reasons.

enjoy your 34th year!

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday - I hope you had a fun day and at least some - maybe the more realistic ;-) - wishes were granted...

LaShay & Steve said...

Happy belated birthday Wade! Hope it was a good one!!!! Hope you guys are doing well!!!

Hermes said...

I grew up in the perfect place for you. Ski hill a half hour drive from the beach. http://www.comoxrecreation.com/ The most temperate climate in North America. No need to wish, just find a way to live there. Of course, I can't afford to so...

Anonymous said...

But of course the BEST WISH OF ALL would be to live in CALIFORNIA then you could go to the MTs and the Beach in an hour or so, plus be next to all the Cousins who don't get to see enough of you!!!!! Hope you had a great B'day.

Aunt B and family