Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wade vs. Road

Watching the Olympics got my competitive juices flowing so I thought I'd conjure up some friendly competition.

Since cycling versus a clock or versus some other "Armstrong wanna-be" seemed a bit boring, I had the idea of seeing what would happened when I went up against a road.

200 lbs of flesh, bone and bicycle versus several tons of gravel, limestone, sand and concrete. I know - genius, isn't it?

Place your bets!


Yep, those are 4 sutures . . . and there are 3 more underneath my skin that will dissolve in a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I lost my first head-to-head competition versus the road!

Oh well, there's always London 2012!

I'm purposefully being a bit facetious because I don't want Jeremy to feel bad for cutting me off while riding our bikes early this morning. As we approached an intersection, he thought I knew that we were turning right - I thought we were going straight.

Jeremy’s back wheel meet Wade’s front wheel. Wade meet road. Wade meet nice physician at neighborhood urgent care.

(Which happens to be the same urgent care that sewed up my finger last year!)

Shannon & Audra would be proud of me - I didn't scream, cry or make a fool out of myself by acting like a little baby - though they did have really cool retro Transformer stickers that nobody bothered to offer me!

I think my lifetime suture count is now up to 22. Is that worth a medal for anything?

7 comments:

Keri said...

ouch! You and Cannon should meet sometime! Very similar creatures.

Audra Laney said...

I am glowing with pride! No, seriously, if I ever have to get stitches I WILL BE that pt who cries like she's about to die. Kudos to you for keeping your chin up like a big boy! And shame on them for withholding your sticker!

Shannon said...

Wade, Wade, Wade. I can totally see Kelly's reaction when you walked into your house this morning. Classic!

Seriously. You should have gotten a lollipop or sticker...something!!

Glad it was just stitches and not anything worse!!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Happy recovery, Wade.

I am glad you are in sales and not a cop or something like...no offence friend.;)

I am sure you are very good at sales.

preacherman said...

I have heard it said, "NO PAIN, NO GAIN!"
:-)
Thans for being humble enough to show us your batte scars.

McCulleys said...

So sad...sorry to hear about your injuries. We will cheer for you in London!

Jody said...

Oh Wade!!!!!

Just... Oh Wade!