Sunday, February 25, 2007

QOTW: And the Oscar goes to . . .

Speaking of Best Picture . . .

Kelly and I had a chance to go out for our first 'date night' sans Tate last night. We ate at Carrabba's and saw the new film Amazing Grace.

Do yourself a favor - turn off your computer right now and go see this movie! It's absolutely a must-see! Click here for the previews.

The first thing I said to Kelly walking out of the theatre was, "It's so good to know that Hollywood can still get it right from time to time."

As for the Oscars tonight, I hope Little Miss Sunshine wins Best Picture. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in a theatre before.

If you can fight through the 53 1/2 f-bombs, there's a great message (and dance scene) at the end!

________________________________________________________

"Which movie is your favorite to win Best Picture at The Oscars?"

Total votes: 10

Little Miss Sunshine: 7 votes, 70%

The Departed: 2 votes, 20%

Babel: 1 vote, 10%

The Queen: 0 votes

Letters from Iwo Jima: 0 votes

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Little Miss Sunshine was what we saw some while ago on one of our few and far between date nights. We loved it and thought it was hilarious, so I got it for Scott for Valentine's Day. My parents were here last weekend, and I told them how funny it was, and we watched it. Might not have remembered exactly how many F-bombs were in it. A little awkward with the parents. Must take note of that next time.

Wade said...

Ooo, yeah! You gotta prep the parents for those kinds of things! I'm sure there was quite a bit of nervous laughter going on!

And I'm sure your parents had a good chuckle at the cop finding the adult mags in the back of the van!

I have to admit though, funny!

By the way, tell your folks I said hello!

Thanks for stopping by,

W