Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things

For those of you on Facebook, you've seen this going around and know what's about.

For those of you not on Facebook, I got tagged to list 25 random things about myself.

1. Even though Dr. Pepper is the preferred “drink of the gods”, I haven’t had a sip of the sweet nectar of life (or any other carbonated drink) in over 10 months!

2. And because of that I now weigh less than 180 lbs – which is a first for me in I don’t know how long!

3. 177 lbs is the lightest I’ve ever weighed at the beginning of cycling season – time to break my personal record for top speed! (Which is over 40 mph! Downhill, wind at my back, peloton of 25 cyclists, and adrenaline rush off the scale! Shhhh, don’t tell Kelly!)

4. I can’t wait for cycling season to start!

5. I rank restaurants solely by how good their bread is . . . and if they have good desserts.

6. My favorite restaurant bread used to be Harrigan’s cheese rolls. Now, it’s Babe’s Chicken hot biscuits with honey!

7. My favorite restaurant dessert is Truluck’s Chocolate Malt Cake & Ice Cream! Kelly and I always share one between the two of us. But no matter how much we eat, we can rarely ever finish it!

8. My favorite activity to do with Tate is to take him to Krispy Kremes on Sunday mornings – we don’t talk much because we’re too busy stuffing our faces!

9. My favorite activity to do with Kelly is to have a nice long conversation over dinner in a great restaurant . . . sans child!

10. 6 of my first 10 random things have all mentioned food – I guess I’m hungry!

11. I don’t want to talk about the Cowboys so it’s probably best you don’t bring them up.

12. . . . those bunch of no-good, gutless loafers!

13. I seriously hope President Obama will be as successful as everyone thinks he will be.

14. I seriously hope I am as successful at my new job as everyone thinks I will be.

15. Speaking of my new job, I’ve been praying for wisdom a lot lately . . . a whole lotta prayin’ for a whole lotta wisdom!

16. I wish I could set aside an hour every morning to do nothing but read. I’m able to read for about 30 minutes at work before the day gets started but it’s not as much as I want. And I can’t read at night because it puts me to sleep.

17. I always get bit by the snow skiing bug this time of year – Man, I wanna hit the slopes!

18. I need to finish defensive driving before sometime in March or else a judge in the City of Fort Worth will be none too happy with me!

19. Kelly and I have already decided that we will go see U2 if they come to town on tour after releasing their new album this spring – Man, I hope they come to town!

20. I always have a pen in my hand when Rick Atchley speaks because he always says something I want to remember.

21. Even though I consider myself quite the “techie junkie” (Did I mention that I just switched out Kelly’s laptop memory card all by myself?), I still can’t figure out how to work the thermostats in our house . . . and we have lived here for over 5 years!

22. Now that I have a desk job where I work alongside other people, the biggest challenge I have encountered thus far has been “thermostat wars”. It’s me, 14 women and one thermostat. Needless to say, it always feels a skosh warmer than I’d prefer.

23. I’ve always thought that Marble Slab Ice Cream was decidedly better than Cold Stone Creamery but neither are as good as Milwaukee Joe’s Ice Cream. (Blue Bell doesn’t count because it’s store bought ice cream!)

24. Duhon reminded me of this one: When Tate was born, Kelly went out and got a really frilly diaper bag that I was afraid could be mistaken for a purse on days when I had Tate by myself. So I went out and bought a diaper bag that looks more like a testosterone-packed messenger bag so people wouldn't think I was carrying a “man-purse”. I still use my DiaperDude even though Tate has pretty much grown out of the diaper bag phase.

25. One of my worst OCD tendencies is the one where I can’t fall asleep if the sheets and covers on the bed aren’t properly tucked in. I’d explain what I mean by “properly tucked in” but this post is long enough already as it is. But let’s just say that I have been known to momentarily kick Kelly out of bed as late as 11:30 at night just so that I can properly tuck in the sheets.

Alright then . . . tag, you're it!

No comments: