Monday, January 12, 2009

Name That Tune

Here's a bit I stole off of Jeremy H's Facebook page - I took a few liberties in tweaking it!

The Rules:

1. Set your MP3 player to Random and press play.
2. Copy down the first line of the first 37 songs that come up.
3. Laugh out loud as your befuddled friend try to guess the name of each song and the group who sings it.

The prize for the most correct answers: My everlasting respect and admiration.

Have fun!

1. She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene

Billy Jean by Michael Jackson

2. I met you before the fall of Rome.

It's All Been Done by Barenaked Ladies

3. Happy with no teeth, happy here in hibernation

Back Porch by Presidents of the United States of America

4. The heart is a bloom, shoots up through the stony ground

Beautiful Day by U2

5. Do you have a dime to listen to me whine

Basket Case by Green Day

6. When I was young I knew everything, and she a punk who rarely ever took advice

The Freshmen by The Verve Pipe

7. Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band

Tiny Dancer by Elton John

8. Where it begins, I can’t begin to knowing

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

9. How long, how long will I slide?

Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers

10. She’s driving away with the dim lights on

Let's Go by The Cars

11. All around the world statues crumble for me

Fly by Sugar Ray

12. This is how it seems to me, life if only therapy

You Move Me by Susan Ashton (or Garth Brooks, don't know who covered who)

13. Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC, didn't get to bed last night

Back in the USSR by The Beatles

14. She is trapped inside a month of grey

Mercury by Counting Crows

15. Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room

Daughter by Pearl Jam

16. Once there was a way to get back homeward

Golden Slumbers by The Beatles

17. Hello darkness my old friend, I’ve come to talk to you again

Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

18. Waiting for the break of day, searching for something to say

25 or 6 to Go by Chicago

19. Though I've tried before to tell her of the feelings I have for her in my heart

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic by The Police

20. Confutatis maledictis, Flammis acribus addictis, Voca me cum benedictus.

Requiem: Confutatis by WA Mozart

21. You say forever and I confess a shiver

Away by The Toadies

22. That young boy without a name anywhere I’d know his face

What's The Matter Here by 10,000 Maniacs

23. Now here I am again in this mean old town

So Far Away by Dire Straits

24. She grew up with the children of the stars in the Hollywood hills and boulevards

Lullaby by Shaun Mullins

25. Friday night I crashed your party, Saturday I said I’m sorry

You May Be Right by Billy Joel

26. You ask me if there'll come a time when I won't require you

Never My Love by The Association

27. Leaves are falling all around it is time I was on my way

Ramble On by Led Zeppelin

28. Cheat the odds that made you, brave to try to gamble at times

Jealous Again by The Black Crowes

29. You belong among the wildflowers, you belong in a boat out at sea

Wildflowers by Tom Petty

30. I keep a close watch on this heart of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time

I Walk The Line by Johnny Cash

31. Half a mile from the county fair and the rain keep pourin’ down

And It Stoned Me by Van Morrison

32. One time one thing occurred to me, what’s real and what’s for sale

Vasoline by Stone Temple Pilots

33. You cannot quit me so quickly, is no hope in you for me

Space Between by Dave Matthew's Band

34. Lonely feeling deep inside, find a corner where I can hide

No Sugar Tonight by The Guess Who

35. I'm a new soul, I came to this strange world hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take

New Soul by Yael Naim

36. Imagine me and you, I do, I think about you day and night

Happy Together by The Turtles

37. Now here’s a little story I’m about to tell about three bad brotha’s you know so well

Paul Revere by The Beastie Boys

Let me know if you use this idea on your blog and I'll play along - Thanks for the idea Jeremy!

1 comment:

tara said...

I love these! And you have a very eclectic taste in music.
1 - Michael Jackson Billie Jean
2 - Bare Naked Ladies Its All Been Done
4 - U2 Beautiful Day
5 - Green Day Basket Case
6 - Verve Pipe Freshman
7 - Elton John Tiny Dancer
8 - Neil Diamond Sweet Caroline
13- Beatles Back in the USSR
17- Simon & Garfunkel Sound of Silence
33- Dave Matthews Band The Space Between
35- Yael Naim New Soul
36- The Turtles Happy Together
37- Beastie Boys Paul Revere