Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Think I Just Gave My Dog A Complex!!



Macy has been looking pretty rough lately. Actually, not just looking rough but smelling rough as well! She doesn't look so bad in the picture above despite being a little shaggy - but, trust me, lately she has had a far less endearing presence in person.

So I took her down to the local groomers this morning to get her cleaned up but I think she got more than the two of us bargained for!

I specifically remember using the phrases "she needs the works" and "she probably needs to be thinned out for the summer."

Oh, she got thinned out alright!!

(See below)











































She's practically naked!!




Apparently there is quite a differential in the two ways the groomer and I define "getting the works!"


In this picture you can begin to sense the disgust and humiliation Macy must feel right now! So much for walks through the neighborhood after dinner every night! We'll be lucky if Macy leaves the house before Labor Day weekend this September!!

Oh well, at least I won't have to spend a lot of time this summer brushing her out! Instead, I'll just have to spend a lot of time driving Macy back and forth to doggy therapy!

12 comments:

McCulleys said...

Poor sweet Macy! She probably does feel a little strange. I know when we have taken Mik to the groomer before she has come back almost embarassed/humiliated. It is sad. Maybe her fur will return quickly.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

she looks like she is about to cry...way to go Wade!

Keri said...

I am in shock!! Did you about die when you picked her up???? Our golden would be mortified. Poor Macy! :)

Shannon said...

Poor Macy! Wade, she already has enough problems as it is:)

Dad used to shave Brandi and I always felt so sad for her! But, at least it keeps them cool during the summer, right?

Audra Laney said...

I'm sorry. That is so pitiful, but I couldn't help but laugh. Poor Macy! Maybe when she realizes how nice and cool she is when it's 500 degrees outside, she'll love it.

Anonymous said...

I think I am having "deja vu". This looks just like the Brandy pictures from her bad experince at the Groomers (for the record Shannon, that only happened once!). And on the other hand, Macy will probably agree, she is now a whole lot better off to handle these hot Texas Summers. However, leaving her Tail full makes this new "look" a little funky looking.

rpe

Casdok said...

Awwwww....

Anonymous said...

Hehe... Actually it's THAT hot here at the moment that I feel like going and have the same done with my head ;-)

Mauri said...

That is SO SAD. She's probably thinking "Dad would never do this to Tate." All I can say is don't forget the sunscreen.

GliterallyScoot said...

I have Sprinkles shaved short for the summer -- of course he's a shih-tzu and they get shaved sometimes and it's accepted ... as opposed to golden retreivers who as a general rule - don't. lol. Sorry but I have to laugh! She will be so much cooler this summer; bet once she gets used to it, she'll be running around and happy. :-)

Kristen OQ said...

That's hilarious...and sad too! My in-laws get that same thing done to a VERY fluffy persian cat they have each summer. It is always so funny to me to see this enormous poofy head, shaved body, and fluffy tail. Maybe her and Macy could be buddies!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Today I was at my pastor's house. His dog has the same haircut as your dog.