Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's a Boy!


Kelly was right all along (which is usually the case for most things)! We’re having a boy!

We went to our ultrasound appointment yesterday to see how our baby was doing. First things first: we checked the heartbeat – nice and steady at 138 bpm.

Next we checked internal organs: all necessary hardware were accounted for and appeared to be fully operational.

After that we needed just a quick peek to see if we were having a boy or a girl. I started to think that it would be a girl because the baby had obviously picked up Kelly’s modesty –the baby didn’t want to show us anything at first.

Finally the nurse got a good angle and said, “There it is – you’re having a boy!” Kelly said, “Are you sure it’s a boy?” The nurse said, “Oh, it’s pretty obvious! That is definitely a boy!” I just stood there with a big proud grin on my face, “That’s my boy!”

Kelly later looked at this picture and sighed, "I can already tell he has your personality - he's waving and playing up to the camera!"

Now we’re faced with the daunting task of naming this little guy (See previous post What's In A Name). His name will be similar to mine in that his first name will be Robert (named after my dad) but he will go by his middle name. Based upon his first picture, I think the name of Skeletor would be most appropriate . . . which is a great name for a linebacker!

We’ll keep you posted!

7 comments:

mdlg said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. I can't wait to meet the little guy - our church will not be the same!

Wade said...

Thanks, Mario!

Yeah, it'll be different alright! I'm used to having kids like Carson and Austin crawl all over me during service. But now when the kid in my lap starts screaming everybody will expect ME to actually do something about it.

When that happens I'll just look at them like a cow looks at an oncoming train and act like the battery in my hearing aid went out!

Something tells me I'm going to be pretty good at conveniently playing the clueless father bit! Hee, hee!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

TTidmore said...

Congrats! I am really glad to hear that you and Kelly are expecting. Heather will be excited as well. Hope all is well with you guys. Tell Kelly hi from the Tidmores.

Taylor

Katie said...

Hey Wade, That's awesome! Congratulations to you guys!

Good to run into you out here in the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

We couldn't have been happier to hear the news of your "big boy"! Keep us updated! Janine

Wade said...

Hey Janine,

Thanks for stopping by. Yep, exciting times! But poor Macy doesn't know what she's in for - and neither do I when I think about it!

Tell Dr. D I said hello! I'll stop by the next time I'm in the area!

W

laura said...

Little boys are so much fun!!! I think that everyone should have one... but I'm a little partial since God blessed with a boy for our firstborn :) Enjoy your little one too.