Sunday, December 24, 2006

"Just what I've always wanted!"

If you don't mind, I'm putting off QOTW results until tomorrow.

I rather share my Top 5 favorite Christmas presents I got growing up.

5. My first drum set (5 years old) - This was the year that had me thinking, "Maybe there really is a Santa!" Although I had been asking for a drum set all year it wasn't until Christmas Eve that I specified that I wanted one with a cow bell! How else was I going to play along to Blue Oyster Cult's Don't Fear the Reaper if I didn't have a cow bell? The next morning I ran into our living room and found my drum set . . . complete with a cow bell! Hmmmm?

"I need more cow bell!"

4. My first TV (7th grade) - It was while watching this TV in my room when I realized, "Wow! They play football on Monday nights, too?" I've been hooked ever since.

3. My Millennium Falcon (6 years old) - A Christmas gift my mom would ultimately regret giving me (as if she didn't regret giving me drums the year before), the Millennium Falcon was the mother of all Star Wars toys. It solidified my position as one of the popular kids in the neighborhood and insured that all the other kids would be coming to play at our house! Thanks, Mom!

2. My dog, appropriately named Bonkers (7 years old) - What's the best gift for an unmedicated ADHD little boy? An unmedicated ADHD golden retriever!

1. My real drum set (8th grade) - No more toy sets from Toys R' Us - this was the real deal . . . minus the cow bell. I'll tell you more about my life as a little drummer boy in a Shocking Confession coming soon.

Merry Christmas, Everyone! I hope you get whatever it is you've always wanted!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Hey Wade~Just wondering if Kelly is up for a drum set in the near future for Tate? 5 years isn't all that far away! :)

Wade said...

Ha! Payback, right?

I've been preparing Kelly by telling her all of my little terror stories. Chasing neighborhood cats on my go-cart; bombing unsuspecting neighbors with my waterballon sling shot; creating noise pollution with my drums.

Yeah, payback!