Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tate-ism #1

It was bound to happen sooner or later . . . though I was hoping it would be much later.

Several nights ago I felt something wet dripping on my foot while changing Tate's diaper. I guess I should have waited another minute or two!

I realize no one at the hospital actually said this but I was going under the assumption that circumcision rehab would somehow limit his "range".

Eh, not so much!

I don't know whether to be proud or grossed out!

As for the messier diapers, apparently Tate is a grunter when he's going to the bathroom. Oh yeah! Sounds like he's trying to pass a tennis ball or something! He's not in any pain - I just think he's being a little dramatic. Hmmm . . . I wonder where he gets that from?

What I do know is that newborn diapers are supposedly the easy ones. There will come a day will when I will hope the 'fountain of youth' is all I get hit with.

Speaking of which, Tara has a great story about her 5-month old's diaper explosion - talk about a kid with range!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say that Mallory's diapers are easier now that she is eating solids. Green beans, peas and carrots do wonders at making shooey a little more solid and easier to clean up....sorry if that is TMI!!

You guys need some "pee pee tee pees"! Maybe Santa's elf will bring some....

Wade said...

Pee pee tee pee's and a magical sleeping potion would be nice!

laura said...

i have to agree with shannon, i think diapers get easier as the kiddos start with solids. and, with little guys, after the circumcision is over and done with. that first week after was rough on Nathan, with every diaper change. he screamed so much that first week the pediatrician was worried he had a laryngeal problem (because he lost his voice)... but of course from the minute we hit the doctor's door, he was an angel, not a peep. they are so good at making us look like silly first time parents... oh wait we are :)

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Elijah will sigh with delight when you clean his area. It is so funny to hear him go "ahhh!" when you clean him up. My nephew is a ham!

Jill said...

Wait til you get hit in the face! LOL I think my boys always saved it up for me or something. Actually I remember one getting their own face wet as well. I think it was Kyan and he had this look on his face like "what the...." Heehee.

Wade said...

Hey Laura,

Maybe I have this wrong but I thought solid food makes the diapers worse - keep in mind that I'm referring to the 'gross-out factor' - the smell, the appearance and well ... mainly the smell.

I'm glad to hear that the diapers get easier but I'll believe it when I see it!
________________________________

Hey Suz,

The only sighing with delight Tate does is when we give him his paci - which, by the way, is the tool of the devil!
________________________________

Hey Jill,

Hit in the face?!?! Looks like I may have to invest in a full-size haz-mat uniform!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W