Sunday, December 17, 2006

QOTW: Christmas Shopping

I asked this question to hopefully draw out someone who has stood in line for hours waiting for (insert name of retail store here) to open the day after Thanksgiving. I'm glad it looks as though we all utilized our God-given common sense and have thus far avoided this particular yuletide whipping.

I'm serious! I just don't get it! What could possibly be inside that store that makes you stand out in the cold (or summer-like temperatures if you live in Texas) just to be trampled as soon as the doors open at 5 AM?

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you this season's biggest time-waste!


I don't want to make too much light of the lady in the white coat because she obviously needed medical attention. But I wonder how hurt she would have been if she hadn't stopped to put her wig back on before getting up.

QOTW: When do you typically do most of your Christmas shopping?

Total votes: 16

Throughout December: 14 votes, 87%

Throughout the year: 1 vote, 6%

Christmas Day Eve: 1 vote, 6%

Black Friday: 0 votes

I dunno, ask my wife: 0 votes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

INSANE!!!

The one and only time I have ever shopped the day after Thanksgiving was about 4 years ago. I got a really good deal on some tall boots. I was a lazy shopper though, I didn't get there until about 11am! Brad was a good sport too:)

tara said...

We never go shopping after Thanksgiving - yuck!
But my question is - does the ladies wig fall off and she puts it back on before she tries to get out of the way or am I dreaming?

Anonymous said...

That is wild. Something must have happened to the wigwo-man after the video clip ended? She looked pretty comfortable and confident laying her body out in front of that oncoming tide of people. -Butch

Wade said...

Hey Shannon,

The only time I went "early" to shop was when I was trying to buy my XBox. It was the week after Christmas and for about 3 days in a row I stopped at a Wal-Mart on the way to work. The third morning was the charm - apparently they got re-stocked the night before.

No standing in lines. No getting trampled . . . and my wig never fell off!
________________________________

Hey Tara,

Nope, you're not dreaming. She may be getting trampled to within an inch of her life but by golly that wig is staying on!
________________________________

Hey Butch,

Priorities, man! You can throw a woman to the ground in a mad dash to crazy Christmas prices . . . but don't you mess with her wig!

I wonder if the wig took its own ambulance to the hospital!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W