Sunday, June 24, 2007

Alli Need A Change Of Underwear

With this post I hereby declare myself a card-carrying member of The Colbert Nation . . .

Hopefully you saw the recent episode of The Colbert Report where Stephen highlighted the newly approved, over-the-counter, weight-loss pill Alli.


Alli is sure to be a useful pharmatherapeutic tool in the war against obesity, but as it is with most drugs, there are a few side affects to keep in mind. These following "treatment effects" can be found word-for-word on thier website:

  • "Gas with oily spotting"

  • "Looose stools"

  • "More frequent stools that may be hard to control"

  • " . . . it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants and bring a change of clothes with you to work."

    This just proves why I feel it's so important to be selective of which outlets to get your news from. You would never get this kind of information on NPR, CNN or even FoxNews.com (save perhaps a picture of an ugly mutt).

    All they care about is spreading propaganda about death, destruction and the general dislike Americans supposedly have with anyone else with differing political opinions.

    That's why I get all my news from Comedy Central's The Colbert Report - news that changes my life!

    But still second to the Good News of the Holy Gospel, of course!
  • 8 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

    Wade said...

    Alrighty, then!
    _____________________________

    I ran this comment through an on-line translator and this is what I got back:

    "Hello, I found your blog by the google is well interesting I liked that post. When it will give gives a passed by my blog, is about undershirts personalized, sample I pass to pace as create an undershirt personalized well way. To more."

    Huh, I didn't realize Portuguese was so confusing . . .

    Blair said...

    I'm a big Colbert fan, too. I think he's a lot funnier than Stewart.

    Wade said...

    I'm glad you said that, Blair, because I've never thought John Stewart was funny at all - I just thought it was me who didn't have a "hip" sense of humor!

    Chris and Sarah said...

    Do you think it's misleading that the lady in the Alli commercial is wearing white pants?

    Jody said...

    The Colbert post was interesting, but I'm interested in learning more about your future endeavours with Rodrigo in the undershirt business!

    Shannon said...

    Wade, the mental images of the "treatment effects" are baaaaddd!

    Apparently, (according to your wife), I need to watch the Colbert show. I'm not really up to date on ANY politics! I think I could be if it were intersting to watch.

    Wade said...

    Hey C & S,

    Makes you think of 'Do what I say and not what I do', doesn't it?

    Good eye, by the way!
    _______________________________

    Hey J & J,

    Current negotiations with Mr. Rodrigo have stalled just a bit because he won't go put on some real clothes and instead just prances around in his undergarmets - plus I can't understand a word he's saying with that thick accent!
    _______________________________

    Hey Shannon,

    Those baaaddd images are what some refer to as 'friendly fire' - kinda like shooting yourself in the foot!

    You and Brad seriously need to start watching The Colbert Report - it's so funny even Mallory will laugh!
    _______________________________

    Hey Kelly,

    Totally!

    Thanks all for stopping by,

    W