Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I Feel The Need For Speed!


In response to my recent speeding ticket(s), my Dad-In-Law sent me a great link: SpeedTrapped.com

The first thing I have to comment on is how funny it is that rather than giving me some line of "Wade, you really should try to slow it down, Mmm-k?", he instead sends me a website that shows me where I can (and can't) get away with speeding!

For Christmas this year, I think I'll ask him for a radar detector just to see if he actually gets me one!

As for the website, genius! It's a map of over 21,000 known speed traps in the US! (Sorry, Russ, Canada doesn't seem to be included - I guess you guys don't have a problem with speeding!)

No doubt police departments everywhere are furious that this super-confidential-double-secret information has been released into the public domain. Nonetheless, I have no choice but to assume that this is an all-inclusive listing of speed traps and will therefore drive accordingly!

(Had I only known about this website when I rented that Mustang!)

Thanks for the link, Dad-In-Law! Now I'll get to Brownwood even faster!

2 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

(Sorry, Russ, Canada doesn't seem to be included - I guess you guys don't have a problem with speeding!)

Thanks for the tip, Wade. The speed limits are lower in this country than in the USA or EU from what I have seen. However, some people drive in the Lower Mainland like they are under the influence of alcohol or worse.

Anonymous said...

Nice try on that Christmas Gift, but you're on your own for a Radar Detector. I will limit my generosity on this to the Web Site referral.

rpe (Dad-In-Law)