Thursday, June 21, 2007

Standing Ovation . . .

. . . that's what Kelly deserves!

I tried in my last post to garner sympathy from the blogosphere for being sick. I took the resounding silence of no comments as everyone basically saying, "Get over it!"

Actually, the sympathy should go to Kelly as she has now had to do more than her fair share of diaper changes, bottles, and butt pats.

And then there's Tate to tend to!

I know in my weakened condition I probably haven't been very good telling Kelly how much I appreciate all that she does . . . and that she is great at doing it all.

The worst thing about being home sick is that I can't greet my family in the morning with a hug and kiss - I need to keep my distance so that noone else will get sick. Which means I'll be sitting on the floor 5 feet away from Tate and have to yell upstairs to Kelly, "Babe, Tate has a dirty diaper!"

Like a Super Mom though, she's more than happy to do what it takes to keep Tate happy and mend me back to good health!

How lucky Tate and I are to have Kelly for our mommy!

2 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I took the resounding silence of no comments as everyone basically saying, "Get over it!"

Funny. Get well, my friend.

Shannon said...

I think you can still change diapers when you are sick. Just wear one of those face masks. Hey, they will help with the smell after all the sweet potatoes too!

Hope you are feeling better Wade. It's no fun being sick! And Kelly does deserve a round of applause! She's a great mommy (to you and Tate!!).