Friday, June 22, 2007

Tagged . . . First & Last

My wife tagged me. So here it goes:

First memory: My mom used to be an interior decorator and would take me along on her "house calls." One house had a bear skin rug on the floor . . . with bear head (and teeth) still attached! It's so unfortunate that one of my earliest memories as a 4-year old is of me being deathly afraid of a rug.

Side note: This memory has transitioned into an adulthood post traumatic disorder as a general fear of all large teeth-bearing animals.

First real kiss: JoAnn - 6th Grade. She had to ask me twice before I could muster up the courage. I remember thinking afterwards, "Man, I hope she doesn't ask me to do that again."

First concert: Soul Lift at Six Flags - Jr. High. Another sad example of my overly sheltered and repressed childhood.

First love: Blue Bell & Magic Shell. No, seriously!

First crush: Lisa - 5th Grade. We even "went" together for a while until she broke up with me just after Valentine's Day - ouch!

First thing you think in the morning: Please, Tate - just 10 more minutes!

First book you remember loving: Escape From Warsaw by Ian Serrailler - 6th Grade. This book planted the seeds to my lifelong fascination with World War II. It's a true story about 3 kids who escape German occupation in Poland to reunite with their family in Switzerland.

First pet: Bonkers - An appropriately named golden retriever mix that could have benefited from a daily dose of Ritalin.

First question you'll ask in Heaven: "Can we watch the history of the world on TiVo?"

First thing you think of when you hear the word 'vacation':



(As the trailer says, "When you think vacation, think National Lampoon's Vacation")


First best friend: Dirk - 2nd Grade. He had all the cool Transformers.

Last time you dressed up: Excluding my suit and tie for work . . . I can't remember.

Last thing you ate: Oven Baked Potato Wedges with Olive Oil, Rosemary and Garlic! Mmmmm! They make the house smell yummy!

Last CD you bought: Thanks to iTunes I haven't bought a CD in quite a while - I only buy singles now. But the last full CD I bought off of iTunes was the soundtrack to Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World. Great movie. Even better soundtrack.



Last (good) book you read: I'll insert the word "good" and go with Lee Strobel's Case for Faith

Last time you cried: When I held Tate for the first time.

Last time you told someone you loved them: A few minutes ago when Kelly and Tate left to run errands.

Last really funny thing you did: I'll change this to the last funny thing my dad did: For Father's Day last weekend we went to my parents' and grilled hamburgers. After a few bites of his burger my dad said, "Is there something wrong with this cheese?" That's when he realized that he was trying to eat his cheeseburger with the plastic wrapper still on the cheese!

Last thing you watched on TV: Comedy Central's The Colbert Report. Kinda sad how this is how I get all my news now!




Last Halloween costume: I can't remember my last costume so I'll tell you about my favorite costume. Batman - Age 4'ish. My mom made it herself - including the cape and cowl! But don't think that just because it was homemade it was some dorky looking costume. My Mom is pretty impressive with a sewing machine. In fact, some people thought I was the real Batman!

Last concert attended: Celine Dion in Vegas . . . but only to prove my everlasting love and devotion to my wife!


I tag Tara because I can only imagine what her responses will be; Russ because he needs a break from his dissertation work; and Keri because despite recently learning 100 random things about her the blogosphere still wants more!

1 comment:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

First memory: Trying to steal my Mom's coffee as a toddler.

First real kiss: I don't kiss and tell.:)

First concert: Some lame band in high school. Good artists I have seen include Rush, Jethro Tull, Pat Metheny, Soft Works, and Remembering Shakti.

First love: Not yet.

First crush: Too many to remember.

First thing you think in the morning: I am not dead yet.

First book you remember loving: A children's book about red fire trucks.

First pet: Bobby, a little dog that loved to leave souvenirs on the carpet.

First question you'll ask in Heaven: How long until I get my body back?

First thing you think of when you hear the word 'vacation': holiday.

First best friend: The neighbour's kid.

Last time you dressed up: Sadly, at a recent funeral.

Last thing you ate: Pizza Hut for dinner.

Last CD you bought: A Soft Machine bootleg.

Last (good) book you read: Too many to remember.

Last time you cried: Months or years ago.

Last time you told someone you loved them: Every few days.

Last really funny thing you did: Satire and theology shenanigans.

Last thing you watched on TV: That goofy movie, The Fifth Element.

Last Halloween costume: I did not enjoy Halloween much. But I liked the candy.

Last concert attended: A forgettable Christian one.

Cheers, Wade.