Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It Only Takes A Spark!



This picture doesn't do it much justice - but this is a wild fire I happened across just outside Graham, Texas. By the way, that's not a cloud sitting on the horizon - that's smoke from the fire.

With all this crazy wind we've had the last two days I'm surprised the entire state hasn't gone up in flames.

I struck up a conversation about the wind with an old guy in a doctor's waiting room and he said in all seriousness, "Yeah, West Texas blew through town yesterday."

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Apparenlty we are going to get some crazy wind hitting us later day. But it is to wet here for fires.
Great photo.

TREY MORGAN said...

Sheesh ... 4 days straight of 40 mph winds. I'm more than a little tired of it.

I think they have a "small dog warning" out for today. Better tie them down.

:)