Friday, January 18, 2008

Renaldo Lapuz Is My Brother Forever!

Remember that crazy dude on American Idol this past Wednesday night who wrote and sang that crazy "We're Brothers Forever" song?




Well, Tate and I were walking around North East Mall tonight killing time while Kelly was doing some much-deserved shopping when I saw a guy who looked just like that dude on American Idol . . . and then I realized, Holy Smokes!!, it really was that dude on American Idol!!



Me: Hey! Are you that dude on American Idol?

Renaldo: Yeah! You want to take my picture?

(Sheesh! Talk about embracing your newly found celebrity-dom!)

Me: Uh . . . well . . . sure, since you're offering!


There are a few things crazy about this:

1. This dude appeared on national television only 2 days ago.

2. I, being one who very rarely watches TV, actually saw this dude on national television 2 days ago.

3. I saw this dude walking around North East stinkin' Mall of all places - how random is that?????

4. And probably the craziest of all, Tate kept trying to give the dude an open-mouth kiss - which is one of his latest tricks!

(Don't worry, I'm trying to work with him on this!!)

I was reading on some one's blog just this week about how American society has evolved from a community-based culture to one that actually promotes individualism through venues such as YouTube, MySpace, blogs and reality television . . . which allows individuals to break away from the community and becoming instant celebrities.

(Sorry that I can't remember who blogged about this - feel free to leave a comment and take credit if it's you!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's pretty crazy how 7 minutes on prime time TV can turn some random dude wearing a bad hat in a mall into a famous random dude wearing a bad hat in a mall!

But the biggest bummer part about it is that Kelly missed it all because she was in a store trying on a dress!

American Idol Disclaimer: I don't watch the entire season - just the first few weeks of first auditions when the potential of train wreck TV is at its highest!

9 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Only you Wade! Only you would stumble on the latest and greatest American Idol. And you know when I heard him singing "Brother Love" the other night, I just knew that you would have something to say about it. But never, EVER in my wildest dreams did I imagine that you would run right smack dab into this guy. YOU WADE OFFICIALLY ROCK! Super funny!

And I am glad that Tate is learning to love everyone, that (the open mouth kiss) is true BROTHER LOVE!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

What a hoot! I am still laughing at this coincidence.

TREY MORGAN said...

Wow, that is crazy ... I saw the guy on Idol too. My boys and I even re-watched the "you are my brother" performance on Youtube.

Wow, now you're a celeb.

Sarah B said...

That's too funny! I can't believe he responded to your question with offering to take his picture! Crazy. Way to take advantage of the moment.

Jennifer said...

that is awesome!! That guy was soooo weird!

Hermes said...

So weird. You should watch other tv shows, maybe there is a celebrity vortex that draws them to you. You could meet ayone! That would be cool.

pruittsplace said...

hey strez...
talk about random... i just ran in to monty freakin' mccully in arlington this weekend... and atleast he still calls me mr ricky sir, which is more than i can say for you. actually, i guess that's really to your credit.
ronaldo huh? awesome. maybe that can be the new gsp club song. or why does it have to be "the" song... just add it to the other 3 or 4 or however many they sing in a row now.
glad to hear all is well on ya'lls front. i'll check in every now and then to see what's going on.
good to hear from you,
ricky
ps... hmmm... about the kid thing... err... it's worked out sell in some ways because the two big sis' love coop to death and help alot with him, something that aubrey was not able to do as a 2 yr old for lolo (7 and 5 now). and... cindy and i are realizing that @ 35 and 33, it's a whole new ball game for our bodies and lifestyle (not that it's an "alternate" lifestyle - it's just that we had our established routines for 4 people).
but... thank God for kids, we love them!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh my interview with Oprah pales in comparison. What fun it will be to have this photo and video in Tate's wedding video someday! It would only happen to you Wade!
B-Mom

Anonymous said...

You're awesome Wade. I like your mind.