Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Babe!


The first, and most important, thing I'll share about our cruise last week is that a certain special love of my life had a birthday while we were gone!

Happy Birthday, Babe!

I'll let Kelly give the details of how we celebrated. For now, here is another list of 10 things I love about my wife . . . in addition to the list of 20 and the list of 12 I've done previously!

1. I've said this before, but if it weren't for her mad planning and organization skills, I'd never go on cool trips like the cruise we just went on.

2. I loved how Kelly did her hair in the picture above - she looked freakin' hot that night!

3. I love to watch Kelly play with Tate - it brings out the little girl in her!

4. Speaking of which, I don't know what I would do without Kelly's guidance and direction with Tate. She gave up her career and fully committed herself to our child. And because of that, both Tate and I are far better off!

5. At the moment, my favorite meal she cooks is her world famous brisket for BBQ sandwiches - she even makes her own homemade BBQ sauce!

6. This may sound weird but I love it when we laugh at the same parts of a TV show or movie - it just makes it that much funnier to me. Half of why I love The Office, Little Miss Sunshine and Juno so much is because she loves those shows, too.

7. Even though she pokes fun and sarcastically calls me "Mr. Blogger", she knows she's actually my #1 fan!!

(Right, Babe?)

8. Kelly continues to push me to become a better husband, father, son and child of God. Even though I make it difficult on her sometimes, I know I desperately need that kind of help from her.

9. I've always loved to make Kelly laugh - which is why I enjoyed our dinner on her birthday. We both got really tickled at my own awkwardness during a formal meal.

(Why in the world do you need 4 forks to eat a meal anyway?)

10. I've said this before but it's still one of my favorites: I love the feeling of getting a hug from Kelly first thing in the morning!

Happy Birthday, Kelly! What a blessing you are to me!

6 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Cool post. I love men that aren't afraid to brag about their wives?

Happy Birthday, Kelly!

Hermes said...

Welcome back. Hope you all had a good time. I have to Admit, I already miss the theme from Love Boat. You know that crazy game people play at wedding receptions where anyone can sing to the crowd as long as the song has the word "love" in it? Well, every wedding I go to, I get drunk and sing the Love Boat theme. Loudly. Into a mic. Not pretty, but I love it. Thanks for the memory!

Casdok said...

Many Happy returns! :)

Shannon said...

Easy Wade. #2 might get you another little Strzinek...which, by the way, wouldn't be so bad!!

You guys both look pretty snazzy in that picture. Can't wait to hear more about the cruise when we come on Thursday!

You've got a fantastic wife, and I've got a fantastic sister!

Audra Laney said...

Wade, I have to admit that you're one of the most THOUGHTFUL men I've ever come in contact with! Did Kelly teach you that or did you get that on your own? :) I think it's awesome that you pay so much attention to the detail in yours and Kelly's relationship that you can name off all these little details. You two are incredibly sweet! That's an awesome picture of the two of you, by the way!

Wade said...

Hey Trey,

Thanks. It makes you wonder how many marriages could be vastly improved if both spouses did this little exercise every once and a while - it's kinda hard to fall out of love if you keep reminding yourself why you're in love in the first place.
________________________________

Hey Lawn,

Dude! You totally need to get that on video and post it on YouTube! You'd be an internet celebrity over night . . . and maybe that might score you some points with your students!
_______________________________

Hey Cas,

Kelly says thanks!
________________________________

Hey Shannon,

I think the Strzinek family is enough cozy enough as it is!

Looking forward to seeing you guys this week!
_________________________________

Hey A,

Aw, shucks!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W