Thursday, March 15, 2007

Look Who's A Birthday Girl!


I’ll let Kelly tell you how old she turns today should she decide to make that public information.

But meanwhile, let me add another 12 random things I love about my wife to my previous list of 20.

(Side note: Do you know that 20 + 12 = 32? Yep, 32! Crazy, huh?)

In no particular order:

1. The cute little things she says; such as when Kelly called me at home when she got lost driving around Carrollton and simply asked, “Where am I?”

2. Even though Kelly has cute little sayings, it seems like we have really cool thought-provoking discussions once a month about everything from politics and religion to parenting systems. I’m usually the one walking away from those discussions telling myself that I need to be more open-minded.

3. When I helped Kelly pack up her office after she resigned from American Heart Association I was cornered by her assistant who went on and on about what a wonderful experience it was to work for Kelly.

That reminded me that Kelly is much better at what she does than I am at what I do. And, yes, I actually love that about her!

4. And because of #3, Kelly is a great soundboard for me when I need to ‘think out loud’ about my work.

5. Little known fact about Kelly: One of her prized possessions is a collection of about 30 different colored Sharpie pens that she uses to write notes to her friends. And Heaven help me if I were to use one to so much as write down a phone number!

6. She’s perfectly fine if the outside of her car is covered in mud, yuk and bug guts so long as the inside is nice and clean. (For those of you who don’t know, Kelly’s car is black not dusty brown)

7. Kelly at least pretends to like my cooking.

8. Kelly is an even better Mom than I thought she'd be.

9. She teaches me not to respond with emotion but instead with logic.

10. She always compliments my yard work. (Although with all the weeds I don't know why.)

11. Kelly is very protective of our family time.

12. And last, but certainly not least – She’s proud to be a Strzinek! (Although she’s pretty quick to remind people that she was first an Enright!)

Happy Birthday, Babe!
PS: No, I did not bake that cake!

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Now that was sweet Wade! Tell Kelly I said Happy Birthday! I will email you a brief write up from today's funeral! It was wonderful-it was so Gail.

Oh and love the pictures Paige did, so sweet

Anonymous said...

Wade,

Your math is a little off. Our Birthday Girl is ONLY 31.

Whoops!!!

Your Father-in-Law
rpe

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that would be 1 to grow on!!! Me thinks her Dad may be getting a little defensive about his age.

As I just told her, it's all in your mind and I'm still 18 and holding. I know that's impossible to think when you look at me, but it's all in how you feel, not look...

Aunt B