Friday, March 30, 2007

Turn A Lemon Into A Mustang



Today's agenda took me by jet plane to a meeting in Oklahoma City. Even though the meeting went a little long, I still had time for a quick lunch at Irma's Hamburger Shack before my flight home.

(If you've never had Irma's hamburgers then think Kincaid's in Fort Worth. If you never had Kincaid's then there's your first problem! And all of you In-N-Out people can just sit down 'cause I ain't hearin' it!)

Having completed a successful meeting and enjoyed a tasty burger, the week looked as if it were coming to a perfect ending - that is, until The Evil Empire decided to delay my return flight to D/FW by some 2.5 hours!

Grrrrr!

Hey! It's not my problem that there have been massive thunderstorms rolling through North Texas for the last 24 hours! My boarding pass says this plane leaves at 1:20 - so let's get on it, people! . . . so I heard some guy in the terminal say!

That's when I decided to ditch the plane and drive home in a rental.

The worst thing about trying to rent a car without a reservation is that there's usually not much to choose from. Since I knew I would need some good music to keep me awake during the drive home, all I wanted was something with a satellite radio.

"Unfortunately, sir, the only thing with a satellite radio that we can offer you is a RED FORD MUSTANG."

Unfortunately?

"Well, if that's all you've got."

(I bet she could actually hear my testosterone go from 0-60 in less than 6 seconds!)

Needless to say I made it home in record time despite a Noahic downpour lasting from Norman, Oklahoma all the way to the Red River.

So here's the closest I'll get to having a red sports car sitting in my garage - at least for a while. (Yeah, Kelly, you read that right - I said 'for a while'.)



Now let me think of all the errands I need to run tomorrow before I have to return my 'Stang to Hertz . . .

5 comments:

Jenni said...

yummmmm.....Kincaid's. love it.

car looks good!! ;-)

Shannon said...

I like the car. Do you think you can talk your company into making that your company car?? Tate's car seat can totally fit!

Wade said...

Hey Jenni,

Can't think of anything better than driving a Mustang to Kincaid's for a burger, onion rings and a shake!
___________________________

Hey Shannon,

My company would let me have a Mustang as a company car because my insurance premiums would be too expensive - ain't no way I'd drive that 55!

Actually, Tate did fit in the back - we drove it to church today!! :)

Thanks for stopping by,

W

JaminTheBody said...

Wade,
Hold on to for a couple of more days and let me test drive it.

Wade said...

Hey Jamin,

Sorry man! I only had a 2-day rental on it.

I was a little disappointed in the V6 engine - too much hestation when you really punched it.

Therefore the 'Stang of my dreams would be the GT V8 engine. Of course, red, soft top and 2 white racing stripes down the middle.

Still fun to drive though.

'If you have the means, I highly recommend you picking one up."

(Name that movie!)

Thanks for stopping by,

W