Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Kelly-ism #11

Let's see . . . which one should I tell you about? There were just so many this past weekend!

How about the one where she was talking in funny voices to Tate?

So she's sitting in front of Tate making goofy voices when she rolls out a raspy, "Hey, hey, hey!"

She stopped and said to me, "Who do I sound like - 'Hey, hey, hey!"

"I couldn't tell ya' - who?"

She said, "Listen, 'Hey, hey, hey!" (As if repeating to me made any difference!)

"Are you trying to sound like Fat Albert?"

"Right! I sound like Fat Albert! Hey, hey, hey!"

"You sound more like an inebriated Pee-Wee Herman."

So for the rest of our beautiful Saturday afternoon, Tate and I were inundated with one-liners that sounded like a cross between Kelly, Fat Albert and Pee Wee Herman.

Nothing screams growing up in the 70's & 80's like Fat Albert & Pee-Wee Herman on a Saturday morning!



4 comments:

Keri said...

Even before you said Fat Albert I knew who Kelly was imitating!!! :)

Hey, Hey, Hey...Iiit's Fat Albert!!!

Oh the good ole days. And I also watched Pee Wee's Playhouse faithfully!

Hope you guys are doing great with Tate! Hey a rhyme!

Also did you know about the Camp Blue Haven reunion Memorial Weekend??

Keri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wade said...

Hey Keri,

Tate's doing great.
He just ate.
He has gained plenty of weight.
Ever since his birth date.
Hopefully he will sleep late.

Thanks for stopping by-ate,

W

Shannon said...

Okay, so I can totally see Kelly doing this. I apologize for her attempts at humor Wade. I bet after you didn't laugh right away, she asked, "Wade, I'm funny, aren't I?"

See you this weekend!

Oh, and thanks for the videos. I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch Pee-Wee and Saved by the Bell. Good times.