Sunday, April 06, 2008

High School Musical, Chick-Fil-A & Mirrors That Make You Look Fat!

Kelly won "Aunt of the Year" honors last night by taking our niece to see High School Musical on Ice.


(Great! Now I'm gonna get 50 hits a day from 10-year old girls googling HSM! I'm a grumpy old man! Grrrrrrr! Go away!)

Since it was just me and the little man, I defaulted to my standard dinner at Chick-Fil-A. Hey, why make it difficult on yourself when you're flying solo, right?

It was kinda ironic that during dinner Tate was completely captivated by 3 10-year old girls decked out in HSM outfits who were obviously on their way to the show themselves. It was hard not to be - they were so reved up their squealing and giggling filled the entire restaurant.

At one point, one of the little girls came in from the playground and announced, "Mommy! They've got a mirror that makes you look fat!"

I nearly spit out my iced tea from laughing so hard!

Mommy replied, "Eh, we've got one of those at home!"

Then I actually did spit out my iced tea from laughing so hard!

7 comments:

Hermes said...

The double take spit of shock is a standard in the comedy world. Done well, it means the difference between genius and... sort of funny. It might be time to get a cane you can shake at girls when they stumble onto your driveway. Rotten kids!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Funny photo.

Number of Days Since My Last Carbonated Drink . . .
45 Days, 06 Hours, 42 Minutes.


Congrats, that is a good thing.

I have gone two hours without a carbonated drink...:)

But, I believe in pop=moderation, or no pop at all.

Later, Wade.

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

This photo was one I felt the least uncomfortable posting. I didn't want to come across like some HSM fan!

As for pop moderation - I couldn't do it. Last year I told myself to only drink caffiene free drinks like Sprite or Root Beer. Then I allowed myself to drink Dr. Pepper but only in restaurants. Either way, I ultimately ended up falling off the wagon.

Eventually I threw them all out - no carbonated drinks at all! So far so good!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Saturday, while my wife & I were talking in the family room, my 2 1/2 year old daughter put on a white flower girl dress, and a play veil and walked into the living room where bridal pictures of her mommy were. It was absolutely adorable.

Keri said...

So funny! :) I have one of those fat mirrors too. I think I'm going to take mine back for the skinny version soon.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Do they sell skinny version mirrors in Germany? if so please share :-)

enjoy your blog!

Wade said...

Hey Josh,

Uh-oh! You better start saving up for that wedding, man!
________________________________

Hey Keri,

I think the skinny mirrors are more expensive though!
________________________________

Hey MMissionary,

If they don't have a skinny mirror in Germany then don't forget that FedEx has really good international shipping rates!

Glad you enjoy the blog, thanks!

W