Thursday, September 18, 2008

Smack Me On The Forehead!

Here's one of those moments where I ended up smacking myself on the forehead . . . unfortunately only those with Facebook accounts will get the full meaning of the story!

It started this morning when allergies caused me to excessively rub my left eye. Unfortunately, that lead to . . .

Problem #1: My contact lense somehow doubled over and slid way up underneath my eye lid! Ack! Who'd ever thought that could happen???

(Actually, this is not the first time this has happened to me!)

As you would think, this lead directly to . . .

Problem #2: Half-blurry double vision. When you look at the world through both eyes but only one contact lense you get half-blurry double vision.

Looking at the world through your good eye is like watching TV in high definition. But looking at the world through your bad eye is like watching that old video of Bigfoot - you think you know what you're looking at but you're not quite sure!


Problem #3: This all occurred while sitting in my car in Granbury, Texas - at least an hour away from home!

Being the good citizen that I am, I gave a public service annoucement of my impaired vision/impaired driving via a Facebook Status update and warned everyone to stay off I-35W for their own safety - I'm such a nice guy!

Now fast forward to later in the day when I received a voice mail from a co-worker asking about a rep of ours out in Midland. I decided to text her back on cell phone and tell her that he had quit and left the company. Here's what I actually wrote:

"Jason quit last month. He's now at a oil/gas drilling company in Midland. Actually a cool deal - the company had been chasing him for months."

Problem #4: Because I was half blind from losing a contact lense, I didn't see that instead of texting my co-worker I was actually texting my Facebook Status update.

Problem#5: Instead of my private text message going only to my co-worker, it was sent to over 200 of my friends on Facebook . . . one of which was Jason!

An hour later, I got a message from Jason, "Uh, why is your Facebook status about me?"

Raise arm. Turn palm towards forehead. Smack!!

The moral of my little story: Get LASIK!!

6 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I totally saw this on facebook!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

oh! You had me rolling yesterday when I saw that and thought what is he talking about and who is Jason? And now reading your explanation I am laughing again! Good ole Wade, somethings never change :)

Shannon said...

Kind of like when you (meaning me) ask a friend when they are due...and they aren't pregnant. Ugh. I hate these kind of moments! Sorry Wade! I feel for you!

Linda said...

LOL! It was pretty funny! I do see lasiks in my VERY near future...later this fall. I'm blinder than blind without my contacts.

Jill said...

Is this a Wade-ism?

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical. I love your antics. I am anxiously waiting to hear about your experience at the car dealership.