Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What A Game!

I'm dreery-eyed. I have no voice. And my ears are still ringing.

But those aren't the reasons why I can't sleep at 12:45 AM - it's because I'm so fired about the Dallas freakin' Cowboys!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then all I can say is that you are not living your life to its fullest potential! Be a Cowboy fan!

My friend Noah scored some choice tickets to tonight's Monday Night Football Game between Dallas and Philadephia. Seeing how this is the last year in Texas Stadium before the Cowboys move to "Jerry World", I wanted to be sure to take it all in.



(Cody, Noah, Jody, Me)

It all started with Cody's best kept secret on how to beat the crowd to the game! I was a little skeptical at first when we had to run across 183 - but it sure beats paying $80 bucks for parking!


Next we had stop and pay homage the "man in the hat". Unfortunately the guy I asked to take the picture was apparently unfamiliar with the functionality of a zoom button! Sheesh! It looks like he took the picture from the other side of the parking lot!


Then we had to stop and grab something to eat. Can you say "Tums"?


After that, we had to stop, stare and simply ask, "Why?"


The sad thing about this guy is that he came to the game by himself!


Finally, we got to celebrate!



My favorite part was seeing Felix Jones get his first kick-off return for a touchdown!

Cowboys 41 - Eagles 37

Go Cowboys!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like you had fun Wade! I think it's hilarious that you took your picture with all of those crazy fans! All in the name of your blog, huh?

TREY MORGAN said...

I'm SO jealous you were at the game. And after looking at the pictures, I'm jealous you got to meet Nacho Libre and I didn't.

Jody said...

Sounds like it was AWESOME!!! I am glad you guys had fun...seriously! I am trying to think of what Kelly and I could do for a girl's night out that would be the equivalence?!?! Suggestions would be helpful.
"Be good"
J

Wade said...

Hey Shannon,

Yeah, that was half of the fun of being there in person!
____________________________________

Hey Trey,

Ha! Great line! Did you see me on TV? I was the one wearing the blue Cowboys t-shirt!
____________________________________

Hey Janell,

Thanks again for sharing your husband! I'm glad he was there because he cut me off after my third Strawberry Chill!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

41-37, that is a CFL score.

LaShay & Steve said...

WOW! I am SOOO JEALOUS! Steve and I are HUGE Cowboys fans! We watched every second of that game! (including the girl that sang the National Anthem... or should I say butchered the National Anthem!- Hope they never invite her back!- hope she doesn't read your blog). Back to the game... it was truly one of the best games we've seen in a long time! Again, I'm jealous that you were there!

LaShay & Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LaShay & Steve said...

Hey Wade- sorry if this is my second comment... I tried commenting before but it wouldn't ever show up. Then, I commented again and it showed my original comment... so, sorry if I duplicated myself.

Wow! I'm SOOO jealous! Steve and I are HUGE Cowboys fans! (I'm like a guy when it comes to football... especially my Cowboys!) That was THE BEST game I've seen in a very long time! We watched every minute of it... including the girl that sang (or should I say BUTCHERED) the National Anthem... did I hear people "boo-ing" her? Hope they never bring her back!

Back to the game... looks like you had a blast and I'm super jealous!!!!

Hermes said...

Dallas Cow-who?
Sorry dude. This is CFL country. Three downs, longer field. Go Lions!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

It would be nice to see some NFL-CFL exhibition games, but instead the NFL is slowly moving into Toronto, perhaps.