Tuesday, April 24, 2007

8 Years and counting!

Today is our 8th Wedding Anniversary!


(Kelly's family portrait at our wedding reception - we were so young!)

Add 2 and a half years of dating & engagement and somehow I've convinced my wonderful wife to stick around for almost 11 years. I know - impressive, isn't it?

So in 8 years of marriage, Kelly and I have created quite a list of memories - here are my top 8 in no particular order.

1. Our first apartment . . . all 720 square feet of it!

2. Kelly nursing me back to good health - Since we've been married I've been hospitalized for a head injury, was rushed back to the ER because of a second head injury, taken by ambulance to Baylor ER because of a cycling accident, subsequently suffered horrendous migraines, hyper-extended my knee, sprained my ankle twice and endured a nasty paper-cut while selling copiers. She's an honorary RN!

3. Our vacations - My favorite one so far was to Washington D.C.


(Kelly & I on the Potomac River in Washington D.C.)

4. Bringing home Macy for the first time - I picked Macy out of a litter from a breeder and brought her home to meet Kelly. It was love at first sight!


(Macy at 2 months old!)

5. Closing on our house - We felt so grown up!

6. Hugging Kelly at the finish line of her marathon - It was so cool to watch Kelly reach a goal that she had worked so hard to accomplish . . . we both cried!

7. How our miscarriage brought Kelly & I closer together - Don't want to be a 'Debbie Downer', but we can both see how God was able to bring good out of a really cruddy experience; which ultimately made us better parents . . . speaking of which . . .

8. Little Man Tate - Our greatest accomplishment so far!


Kelly, the time we have spent together means so very much to me. My list of favorite memories is much, much longer than this and I love that we are adding to it each and every day.

I love you very much - Happy Anniversary!

W

5 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Happy Anniversary-I had to delete the firsts comment b/c I misspelled a few words-didn't want to look retarted on your big #8

I just went to a wedding this past weekend at the Chapel and it brought back so many memories of your big day...wow 8 years and counting!

Keri said...

Congratulations!!! You survived the 7 year itch. We are right behind you with our 8th anniversary being on the 29th of May. Many blessings to you and your precious family!

Wade said...

Thanks so much, Suz & Keri!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Congratulations, Wade.

Russ