Wednesday, April 04, 2007

As If Once Wasn't Enough!

Everybody is a glutton for punishment for something. For me, it's pedaling crazy miles on a bike!

That's right - it's Sam's Club MS150 time again! May 5-6, 2007

If you're not familiar with the MS150, it's a 2-day 150-mile bicycle ride from Frisco to downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The cool part of this ride is that the starting line on Day 2 is on the race track at Texas Motor Speedway! Let's hope I don't hit the wall on Turn 4!

But as cool as that is, the real reason we're all out there is to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society! Such a great cause!


You may remember my ride from last year (Day 1, Day 2). Apparently I don't quite remember the dehydration, the cramps, the sore muscles and the really sore bum because I've signed up for another round of brutal punishment this year.


(Me at the finish line in downtown Fort Worth last year. Don't ask about the face I'm making - I'm really not sure myself. Hey, Michael Jordan stuck out his tongue when he dunked a basketball! I'm just sucking in my lips . . . for, uh . . . aerodynamic purposes!)

I'm hoping to improve upon last year in two categories. First, my goal is to finish 150 miles in less than 9.5 hours. But more importantly, I'm hoping raise more than $500 to help fight MS.

And guess what - you can help me do both! Come out and give me a big push from behind and/or sponsor me by donating on-line to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Any dollar amount is appreciated!

Click here to make an on-line donation. You'll need the following information:

Rider Name: Wade Strzinek
Rider Email: rstrzine@cephalon.com
More Information: Team FedEx/Mad Duck


This year our team joined up with the riders at FedEx to make Team FedEx/Mad Duck. Here's our team blog that I've been managing.

Also, I'm looking for MS survivors to ride in honor of. If you or someone you know suffers from MS then let me know and I'll add their name to a bandanna that I will carrying during the ride. Riding to keep in shape is great but there needs to be a reminder that this is a for a much better cause than keeping off that spare tire.

So please support me as I help fight Multiple Sclerosis by doing a pretty bad imitation of Lance Armstrong!

No comments: