Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kelly-ism #12

Ever had one of those moments when you’re talking to people and you’re thinking one thing but you say something totally different and everybody laughs at you and then you turn red and get embarrassed and wonder, “Why in the world did I just say that?”

Me, neither! But Kelly sure did!

We were in the Labor & Delivery Waiting Room last week awaiting the arrival of Addison & Alex when the discussion turned to the newborns behind the glass window in the nursery.

At that same time, everyone noticed a doctor/nurse-type person begin to “work” on a baby. They pulled out a couple of instruments and began what looked like was a circumcision.

Kelly, who is overly sympathetic to little boys who have to be circumcised, meant to say, “I think that baby boy is about to get a circumcision!”

But what Kelly actually said was, “I think that baby boy is about to get a vasectomy!”

(In case you've forgotten, a vasectomy is the ol' 'snip-snip' guys get when they're done having kids!)

The funny part about it was that Kelly didn't even realize what she had said and just sat there with a concerned look on her face!

We all took turns laughing at, ahem!, with her!

Never a dull moment, folks!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Boy, my husband sure is lucky that I can laugh at myself and don't mind the world hearing about my "moments."

I have to admit, this one was pretty funny...very embarassing for me, but still funny.

Anonymous said...

We cracked up when Shannon told us this story over the weekend, but it is funnier even now. It's ok, Kelly...I only open my mouth to change feet!
B-Mom

Keri said...

Oh boy, that is a good one! I have a funny that I will post about sometime about the lions and tigers at our local zoo.

Hope you guys are soaking up all the wonderful memories that your family is making together!
Keri

Shannon said...

Oops, Sharon told on me! I had to share the funny Kelly moment...

I'll say it again, she is the true blonde in the family!! I never say things like that! :)

Wade said...

Hey Babe,

I am so very glad that we both have a sense of humor!

I hope you know part of why you make us laugh is because we love you so much!
_______________________________

Hey B-Mom,

"I only open my mouth to change feet" What a great line - I love it! Which is a sad commentary about me since I can relate to it!
________________________________

Hey Keri,

Lions and tigers? I can only imagine! Do tell!
________________________________

Hey Shannon,

Busted!! Hmmmm, which hilarious 'blonde-moment' story about you can Kelly tell my Mom?

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

Unknown said...

When I read this, I thought that your wife must be such a good sport, then I read her comment. I am not sure I could allow my husband to post such stories about me, although they are quite numerous.

Wade said...

Ok,

Now I feel like I need to defend Kelly a bit here!

To me, what makes this so funny isn't that she had a 'blonde-moment' and said something wrong - because in her mind she was thinking 'circumsion'. This is funny because Kelly was so concerned for the newborn that she didn't even realize that she had said 'vasectomy'. This happens to be one of the things I love most about Kelly - she is very empathetic towards others.

I hope my Kelly-ism's don't come across as me just taking the opportunity to make fun of my wife. If anything, I'm trying to communicate the little moments we share that make me love my wife the way I do.

It goes both ways though. If Kelly wanted, she could start a new blog dedicated soley to 'Wade-isms' - we all know she would have plenty of material!!

Unknown said...

I don't think you are being mean. What Kelly said sounds like something I would say myself without realizing it. I know from much personal experience that it is way too easy to say one thing and mean another. I don't even really think it seems as though you are making fun of Kelly. The little moments are what make life fun, and although I have never met her, my comment was definitely more of a compliment to Kelly's obviously fun personality and great sense of humor. For me, I just get embarrassed way too easily, which then results in more embarrassment from the horrendous shade of red my face turns (one of the downfalls of being pale). If anything, I wish I could have a better sense of humor about myself! I don't want you to think I was being critical. I, too, can also relate to the "I only open my mouth to change feet" comment all too well as I am sure we all can!