Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thought You'd Enjoy This One . . .

As I was walking out of a hospital recently, I noticed a mom and her 7'ish-year old daughter standing on the sidewalk.

The expression on the mom's face immediately caught my attention since she looked as though she was either lost or had just lost something.

The closer I walked towards the mom and her daughter, the more compelled I felt to ask if I could be of any help. But before I could say anything the little girl turned to me and said with a great big smile, "Do you know where my Mommy parked her car?"

Any effort to muffle my all-out laughter was pointless as the disoriented look on Mommy's face quickly changed to all-out embarrassment!

She then looked at me as if to say that they were fine and didn't need any help so I pressed on - still laughing.

4 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hey Wade,

It is amusing when someone tries to open a car with their keys, only to find out that it is the wrong car, but the same colour, make and model of their own car.

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

I've actually done that!

I walked up to 'my' car, stood at the driver's side door and kept clicking the remote.

I finally figured out what the deal was - but not before the owner walked up to find me peering in the window and pulling on the handle!!

At that's when I put 2 & 2 together - luckily my car (the exact same color, make, model) was just a few spots over so I was able to talk my out of it!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

laura said...

This will be Nathan and I in the years to come! I can just see it now :) Just promise that if you're standing near by you won't laugh too loud :)

Wade said...

Hey Laura,

I already feel sorry for Tate for when he's old enough to realize that he was born into the Grizwald family!

I won't laugh too loud if you won't laugh too loud!