Sunday, September 09, 2007

And So It Begins . . .


I realized recently that I probably watch 3 times the amount of TV during the 5 months from September to January as I do during the 7 months from February to August.

Football on Saturday. Football on Sunday. Football on Monday. Football, football, football!

I don't know why I love football so much. I remember how disappointed I was when I realized that I would never play high school football - a decision that I made myself for the sake of self-preservation.

These days I half-wish I had made our team as a kicker, punter, tackling dummy or something. If I had I would have a TAPPS 3A state championship ring in my sock drawer right now.

Every year, the first week of September brings a new meaning to my life - I know, pathetic, isn't it?

But I can't help in getting caught up in the hype - there's football everywhere! A nationally ranked high school team just down the street. My newly adopted favorite college team only 10,000 miles away on the west coast (Go Bears!). And tonight, Cowboys versus Giants!

I love this time of year!

(And I really love that Michigan is already 0-2!)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't forget the horns. Hook 'Em!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I love this time of year too!

While watching the Cowboys last night, I thought "wade is probably loving this game!"

I get giddy with football! Go CHARGERS! (not a typo I love the Chargers more than the Cowboys)

Susan

Wade said...

Hey J,

That's right - you're a big UT fan. I had forgotten that about you!

I have to admit that I giggled for a moment when TCU picked off McCoy for a TD. I love me some upsets!

But for your sake I'll root for the Longhorns - they're gonna need all the help they can get come UT-OU weekend!!
______________________________

Hey Suz,

Crazy you said that because I thought of you and Jeff when LT threw that TD pass!

Next week against the Pats and Randy Moss should be pretty interesting - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

See-Dub said...

Hey, Wade! I found your blog through Jennifer's, and I just have to say that I'm equally "pathetic" when it comes to football!

I teach school, and I always have a hard time letting go of summer freedom and getting back to the grind. Football eases a lot of that pain! There's just nothing like a fall Saturday spent in a stadium!

And no, I can't believe Michigan is 0-2!

Hook 'em!

Wade said...

Hey See-Dub,

Great to meet you!

It's funny how you describe football as easing your pain - it's known more for causeing pain, both literally and figuratively!

But I can understand what you mean! If you can find something to "take the edge off" then more power to you!

Thanks for stopping by,

W

Anonymous said...

Best time of the Year. And we looooove College Football!

GO BEARS!!!!!

rpe