Thursday, September 06, 2007

Nice Matters Award


Jennifer was nice enough to hand me the Nice Matters Award! I'll humbly and graciously accept this award while discretely asking if she has anything with a little less pink in it!

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

30 . . . Really? - My wife has oft been described as "nice, a good friend, one who inspires good feelings and inspiration, a positive influence." I would like to add to that list "one heck of a mommy!"

Shannon's 50,000 Words - It shouldn't surprise you that a blog that regularly features pictures of my favorite toddler niece and updates on my niece-to-be would make this list! But before there was Mallory or Morgan, there was my sis-n-law, Shannon! She's always good for a laugh! Plus, I still think her blog title is one of the most creative and original yet.

Kid B - We went to ACU together. He always gives me a laugh with his funny stories about his cute kids and hysterical videos of his alter-ego, Darrell! More Darrell videos, please!

Tara's Life - It's hard for me to think of when I didn't know Tara and her family - we grew up together at the same school and church. Tara has always cracked me up because she will say what everyone is only thinking!

The A-Team - Jody & Janell are two of our most dearest friends from Vista Ridge. So what's better than a blog by 2 of our most dearest friends? A blog by 2 of our most dearest friends . . . and pictures of their twins!

Patiently Waiting For Heaven - I've allowed myself to become addicted to blogs because they are such a great way to keep up with and reconnect with old friends. Keri is a great example of an old friend who've I've enjoyed catching up with.

The crazy thing is, because she lives in Amarillo, we stayed connected during high school by writing letters to each other. Now it's through reading each other's blogs.

(I sure hope the Internet doesn't go out of business anytime soon! I hate writing letters! Sorry, Keri!)

Satire & Theology/thekingpen68 - Although we've never met, Russ is the first person who came to mind when I read 'those who are a positive influence on the blog world.' Many of his posts have challenged, in a good way of course, my perspective on Christianity. Plus, his occasional cartoons and gospel album covers are always good for a laugh.

Muisto - Since I haven't been to Germany lately , I haven't had the opportunity to met Helen either. But reading her blog has given me an impression that she's young Christian woman who is wise beyond her years. I was a little disappointed to see that someone else beat me to the punch in giving Helen this award, so I promised that I'd at least give an 'honorable mention'.

Thanks again for the props, Jennifer.

(For those of you who bemoan getting "tagged" with lists, I hereby relinquish you from the burden of passing on this award.)

7 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Wade, thanks very much. Regardless of whether or not you gave me this 'Nice Matters Award', I truly have always thought you are a very nice guy, and sincere Christian. If I gave awards, which I do not, you would be a winner. Okay, sorry there is one satirical exception as I do have a yearly 'non-conformist of the year' award in the satire and theology archives.;) It is good that bloggers can dialogue and agree on most things and be respectful and open-minded in areas where there are different perspectives. Tara and Helen, also in my links, seem like very nice people as well, although I have not met any of you. Wade you seem to have a fine group of friends and family. But, I think blogger friends are important, especially Christian ones and I look forward to supporting the blogs of yourself, Tara and Helen in the future, as well as others with links and comments. I also look forward to blogger friends supporting my work in the future.

Russ:)

Anonymous said...

See me blushing :-)
Thanks!!!

I love that award, since it's great to get known to yet another blog...

I, too, love reading 50.000 words - the blogname itself was so funny that I had to come over again :-)

Shannon said...

Thanks for the award Wade!

Keri said...

I would like to thank the academy, all the little people that helped me get here, my parents, friends and most importantly my husband. Oh wait wrong award. That one is in my head aparently.

Thanks Wade! :) I do enjoy getting to see the life that you now lead. It is interesting and so fun to think about where you were and where you are now. You have a precious family and I am so glad to get a glimpse into your life.

Jody said...

Wow, where do I start?

First, I'd like to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet which houses so many wonderful blogs.

Second, I'd like to thank Kelly for being the trend setter and starting her blog. Wade and I made fun of you...and look at us now.

Thanks for the award Wade!

Jennifer said...

Sorry about the pink Wade. I will say that most of my blogging friends are girls though! I've enjoyed taking a peek at your life and your sweet family!

Blair said...

Thanks, Wade!

It's nice to know my sons aren't the only ones who like my videos.