Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Most Dreadful 6 Hours I've Ever Spent On-Line!


Some of you may recall my recent run-in with the law (2 speeding tickets in a month in case you forgot). I've just finished paying my debt to society by means of a defensive driving course.

To make this process as painless as possible (because it's not like I'm supposed to be learning my lesson or anything), I decided to sign up for an on-line comedy defensive driving course.

How great is that? (1) It's on-line so I get to take the course little by little whenever I want. (2) The word "comedy" is in the name so one can only assume that I'll have a great laugh while taking the course!

Apparently, I assume too much!

Here are some suggestions of names that they should consider instead of Comedy Defensive Driving.com:

1. Please Tell Me When I'm Supposed To Laugh.com

2. Seriously, This Really Isn't Funny At All.com

3. I Can't Believe How Not Funny This Is.com

4. Why Is This Course A Cartoon When The Picture Clearly Shows Photos Of Actual Comedians?.com

5. Oh My! That Was A Horrendous Impression of Bobcat Goldthwait.com

(That link is to a really funny stand-up routine of the actual Bobcat on YouTube.com)

6. What Does A Bobcat Goldthwait Impression Have To Do With Defensive Driving Anyway?.com

7. My 9-Month Old Can Write Better Comedy Than This.com

8. And He Can't Even Write.com

9. Dear Lord! Make It Stop! I Can't Bear It Anymore.com

10. OK! OK! I've Learned My Lesson! I'll Never Speed Again.com

But I guess I can't complain. After I finally finished what had to be the most dreadful 6 hours spent on-line in the history of ever, I got a certificate in the mail that I was able to use to get my ticket dismissed. So I guess it wasn't all that bad . . . it's definitely funnier than having to pay a $275 fine!

6 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

These driving courses have me grin and shake my head. As if since one is caught speeding this means he/she is a poor driver that needs defensive driving instruction. It may be the case for some mind you, but there is no necessary connection. Congratulations, Wade. I am not against speeding tickets for excessive speeding, but I do not like it when for the most part, the majority of persons speed on a certain road and it is basically safe. The police then decide to enforce the letter of the law, instead of the spirit of the law at certain time$.

Casdok said...

Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Defensive driving course online
:-O ??

Sometimes I just don't understand US people ... ;-)

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

I can't really say that I learned anything new by taking this course. But I guess the deterrent is supposed to be the inconvenience of it all.

As for spirit vs. letter of the law, I can't argue the first ticket I got - I was speeding. But the second was one of those cases where the small town cop is sitting 100 feet past the reduced speed limit sign and waiting for people who don't slow down in time - Grrrrrrrr!
____________________________

Hey C,

Thanks!

____________________________

Hey Helen,

What's not to understand about on-line defensive driving courses? We Americans will try anything if it means not having to get up from our couches!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

The Crenshaws said...

Hey, good to hear from you! I just started a blog about eight weeks ago, and I’m still learning the ins and outs. I think I may be the only one on here without a kid. I can already foresee this as a huge disadvantage in my ability to come up with new blogging material!

Wade said...

Hey Christina,

Welcome to the blog world! It's all fun and games until the highlight of your day is when you think of something to put on your blog.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend having a baby just so that you'll have blog material! :)

Thanks for stopping by,

W