Monday, August 27, 2007

I Know, I Know . . . Only Me!

Initially I decided to keep this little nugget to myself. But who am I to deprive you of yet another episode of "Wade's Anatomy!"

I woke up this morning and immediately noticed that I had a lot of ear wax in my ears. Since I wear a hearing aid, I'm pretty particular about keeping my ears clean - a clean ear means a clean hearing aid!

(Some of you will know what I mean sooner or later!)

Anyway, I grabbed a Q-Tip and began cleaning my ears. Unfortunately, the problem presented itself when the Q came off the Tip and got lodged down in my ear. Way down in my ear! Way down in my one good ear!

No sweat! Just grab a pair of tweezers and pull it out, right? One little problem - no tweezers!

Apparently I didn't realize how noisy I was being by digging around in our bathroom looking for a pair of tweezers because I woke up Kelly and she wanted to know what the commotion was all about - it didn't help that I didn't hear her the first two times she asked!

When I told her what I had done all I could hear through the 100% cotton swab was a muffled, "Wade Strzinek!" - which gave me the impression that she wouldn't be getting out of bed to help!

So at 6:30 AM, I left the house to go to the grocery store to purchase 1 pair of tweezers - $5.49 plus tax.

As my luck would have it, I got stuck behind some lady in the check-out lane buying, no joke, 10 boxes of cereal. For some reason 10 weren't enough because she kept going back for more! A little hungry this morning?

After her 2nd trip back she turned and said something to me but having absolutely no clue what she said I could only assume she was apologizing profusely for delaying my reunion with sound . . . so I just gave her failed-smile and said in a voice loud enough for even me to hear, "No problem! Take your time!"

So once Ms. "I'm Starting A Fiber Only Diet!" had finally checked out it took me all of 30 seconds to pay for my tweezers and pull out the cotton swab as I walked out the door!

Oh sweet sound!

So the moral of this story is if you use a Q-Tip to clean your ears first make sure you have tweezers. Because if your Q-Tip gets lodged in your ear and you don't have tweezers then you'll have to go to the grocery store at the crack of dawn!

And that's a terrible way to start a Monday!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh man! I thought you had another ER trip story. Not that I want you to go to the ER...especially for that. I actually had a couple of patients come in because they couldn't retrieve the cotton end.

It doesn't stop me from using Q-tips though!

Pearson Family said...

I just spent a little time catching up on your blog...and WADE, you crack me up! I love it that Kelly didn't even get up! I mean, not for you, but it is funny!

Keri said...

Only you!

Jody said...

WADE????

Janell

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Well, at least you did not cut your ear and require stitches.;) You are having a bad run...
I should explain that when I cut myself with the electric can opener, I was cut by the top of the can that I had removed.

Get well.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

if you are this fun in person - you should take the show on the road.
am besten - don't take pictures on the way :-)