Sunday, August 19, 2007

QOTW: It's The Weatherman's Fault!

So I'm minding my own business and enjoying our lovely atypical Texas summer weather of 80-degrees/80%-chance-of-flooding-of-biblical-proportions when all of a sudden what's-his-face weatherman on Channel 8 (not Delkus but the other guy) chirps off, "Folks, there's a good chance we won't see triple-digit temperatures this entire summer!"

(Kelly had to cover Tate's ears as I chirped off at what's-his-face for jinxing us!)

And wouldn't you know it? No sooner than when he said that - Bam! 104 degrees and suddenly my once beautiful green lawn turns up a dead brown!

It's a good thing Channel 8 is the only news in town that broadcasts in HD or else I would switch to Channel 5 faster than you can fry an egg on a hot Texas sidewalk!

(Hey, HD in triple-digit weather is still HD!)
________________________________________________

"Do you prefer 80-degree weather with 100% chance of rain or no rain with triple digit heat?"

Total votes: 24

I'm singin' in the rain! 63% (15 votes)

The heat is on! 38% (9 votes)

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

HD weather rocks!

I get tired of the people on Channel 8 though rubbing it in that they are so cool with HD. "welcome to the 10 o'clock news in high def... welcome to the noon broadcast in HD."

We get it already!
Susan

Wade said...

Hey Suz,

Yeah, it can be a whippin'. But I would probably do the same thing if I ever figured out how to blog in HD!

W