Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dallas Cowboys Are Great! But Unfortunately Not The Best!

To further my addiction to all things Dallas Cowboys and Tony Freakin' Romo, my college roommate Brian and I took in the Cowboy-Patriot game today at Texas Stadium!


Yes, I know we look like a couple of twinkies but what are you supposed to do when you show up and realize that you're both wearing basically the same t-shirt! So before you all leave a ton of comments making fun of us please know that this was not by design! I actually wanted to come in a Santa Claus suit and hold a sign that read John 3:16!

There were supposed to be 4 of us at the game but the other two opted to sell their $75 tickets at the last minute for $350 each. Any day trader will tell you that's a great return on investment but it would have taken crazy money for me to not go to this game!

Two 5-0 teams playing each other in what is no doubt a Super Bowl preview! (Boy, have I drunken the Cowboy cool-aid or what?)

I was able to catch two of the game's highlights on my camera. In the this first clip, notice Brian "popping" his t-shirt at some Patriot fans sitting behind us after a Cowboy touchdown. The video ends with a shot of slightly annoyed Patriot fans! Hee, hee!


In this next clip, you'll see some really bad "belly shots" of the people sitting around me. I was high 5'ing everyone after another touchdown and didn't realize the camera had a bad angle. Towards the end you'll see Brian dance a little jig in the aisle - after which the guy behind us told Brian that he needed to work on his moves!


I decided not to wear a Santa suit because I thought I'd look really silly. Apparently I wouldn't have had anything to worry about with this guy sitting a couple of rows in front of us. What a buffoon!


Unfortunately the game turned into a shellacking. Patriots won 48-27. It's not that the Cowboys are that bad - it's that the Patriots really are that good!

But even with the loss, I'll gladly pass up on $350 to take in a Cowboy game with one of my greatest friends!

Go Cowboys!

8 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hey Wade,

Glad you had a good time. I paid around 100 English pounds to a ticket scalper to see Manchester United play Arsenal back in 1999.

Casdok said...

Would love to see a pic of you in a Santa suit!!

Jennifer said...

I love the matching shirts! Sure you didn't plan that. (smile)

Glad you had fun!

Wade said...

Hey Russ,

I need to go see a 'futbol' game over there! Manchester United is about the only team I've even heard of but I know the crowds get really into it!
_______________________________

Hey Cas,

Ha! Would you pay $350 to see it? If so, I think it could be arranged!
_______________________________

Hey J,

Funny how nobody thinks anything if two guys wear matching camouflage while hunting but it's a different story if two guys wear the same t-shirt to a Cowboy game.

I'm sure it would make a great "Gay Or Not Gay" debate!

Thanks all for stopping by,

W

Casdok said...

ummm???

Wade said...

OK, maybe that does sound bad!

Ha!

Anonymous said...

Cool Wade, Looks like fun.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Thanks for giving me a shot of the inside of the stadium. I haven't been there since my son played a Marcus/Lewisville game - the year Marcus went to state.
Danke!