Monday, October 22, 2007

QOTW: Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

Although I was pretty high on the Cowboy game I went to last week, I walked away wondering if the best seat may not have been back in my own house. So I made a list of Pro's & Con's of attending a NFL game at Texas Stadium.

Going to the game:

1. Arriving at Texas Stadium at 2:00 for a 3:15 kick-off but end up missing nearly the entire 1st Quarter because it took until 3:45 to pull into a parking spot . . . Con!

2. Having to pay an additional $80 for that parking spot . . . Con!

3. Having to deal with a drunk Patriot fan who kept yelling, "All day long!" at us every time the Patriots so much as made a first down . . . Con!

(I so wanted to pop him in the mouth and yell, "All day long!" . . . but ya' know that whole WWJD thing!)

4. Luke-warm bottled water: $5.00 Hot Dog boiled sometime early that morning: $7.50 . . . Con!

5. Putting up with some dude on our row who kept leaving his seat to buy beer only later having to leave his seat again to go pee . . . and doing so each time in the middle of a play . . . Con!

6. Having your $6.50 watered-down Coke knocked over by said-dude while he was shuffling off to the little boy's room . . . and him being too drunk to notice . . . Con!

7. Not hearing a word of Michael Irvin's Hall of Fame Ring Ceremony during Half Time because I'm deaf in a one ear . . . Con, but I've grown used to it!

8. Playing bumper cars in the parking lot with a bunch of drunk Patriot fans while trying to leave after the game . . . Con!

9. Seeing Tom Brady (future Hall of Famer) throw 5 touchdowns in person even though it's against the Cowboys . . . Pro! (Hey, you've got to recognize greatness when you see it.)

Staying At Home:

1. Watching the game in HD on my flat screen . . . Pro!

2. Watching the game while sitting in my big, fat recliner . . . Pro!

3. Being married to a dear, sweet, loving wife who is always more than happy to bring me another Dr. Pepper from the fridge . . . Pro! (Love ya', Babe!)

4. Falling asleep in my big, fat recliner during the 4th Quarter after the Cowboys have wrapped up yet another "W" . . . Priceless!

I guess that pretty much settles it!
______________________________________________

Would you rather see a major sports event in person or watch it at home in HD?

Total votes: 16


Got to be there in person!: 43% (7 votes)

Stay At home!: 56% (9 votes)

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Id stay out the way!!!!!