Friday, October 12, 2007

Obsessive Compulsive Confession #3

Sheets on my bed have to be tucked in a certain way or else I can't fall asleep.

Last night I made Kelly get out of bed at 11:30 at night because the sheets weren't tucked in just right.

There has to be a certain amount of "tucked-in-ness" at the feet. If they aren't tucked in then the sheets feel like they could just slide off the bed during the night. And sheets that just slide off the bed in the middle of the night is never a good thing.

Also, the sheets and the blanket have to be tucked in evenly. If there's more sheet than blanket on either side then I have to re-make the whole bed!

Sad, isn't it? I'm still replaying my childhood to find where my parents went wrong to give me such neurotic behavior!

11 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

wade, I hear your pain.

I do the same thing

Add in also the pillows have to be just right too or you can forget sleep coming my way!

Susan

Casdok said...

Poor Kelly!!

Wade said...

Hey Suz,

The worst are hotel pillows! I can usually fight through an uncomfortable bed. But you're absolutely right - bad pillows will not only steal a good night's sleep but also give you a stiff neck come morning!
________________________________

Hey C,

Yeah, it won't be very funny when she has to get therapy because of my neurotic behavior!

W

Keri said...

Glad to know where you place your blame! Because there is no way you could have come up with that on your own!! HA! Cameron has some tendencies similar to that and I just ignore them.. I'm so mean.

Jennifer said...

wow, what a pain you are. (just kidding!)

Wade said...

Hey Keri,

Where else should I place my blame? You're not suggesting that I'm responsible for my own querkiness, are you?

Gasp! You sound like Kelly!!
________________________________

Hey J,

Not a pain, just "authentically unique!" :)

W

Beverly said...

you don't know how many times my daughter said, "Mom, fix my sheets." and hey...she's a wonderful girl..soooo...don't despair.


thanks for stopping by my blog and you're right about the video..can you imagine what kind of videos they would come out with if they were around now..

Shannon said...

Brad has your oppostie quirk. He can't stand to have the sheets tucked in the foot of the bed. Sometimes it drives me crazy since they go everywhere, but I'm usually out the minute my head hits the pillow and don't really notice anything:)

Wade said...

Hey Shannon,

I may have to give Brad a pass on this one! As tall as he is I'd probably have the same issue!

(I got your back, Brad!)

W

Anonymous said...

Wade, you're a freak! Thats why i love you!

Wade said...

Hey Jeremy,

Just glad I am appreciated for who I am!!

Thanks for stopping by,

W