Tuesday, October 30, 2007

QOTW: Hallo . . . Eeeek!

The little kid in me still loves Halloween. And why wouldn't I with such a ginormous sweet tooth? In fact, it's taking every ounce of will power I can muster not to go downstairs right now and devour all 4 bags of Halloween candy in our pantry!

But the sugar-crazed little kid in me has always gotten freaked out by Halloween as well. I've never liked all the blood, guts and gore that comes along with it. I know it's all fun and games, but every year the limit on what is acceptable seems to be pushed further and further.

I know a guy who once got dressed in all-black, wrapped his 6-foot pet king corn snake around his neck and then hid in his bushes and waited for poor, unbeknownst trick-or-treaters to come up his sidewalk.

I said "once" because he got quite an earful from parents after their kids were frightened so bad they all peed their costumes and vowed never to venture out of their homes after dark ever again!

And who could blame them?

Instead, let's celebrate Halloween by following the Easter holiday example where we celebrate an actual death by posting images of cute little, fuzzy farm animals and tell stories about some larger-than-life rabbit who hops around leaving eggs for kids - another story that freaked me out when I was little!

I would still dress up if I could come up with an original and clever idea and had someone to show it off to than just my neighbors.

That being said, my sugar-drive can be so overwhelming at times that there's still a slim possibility that I could be seen tomorrow night meandering up my neighbor's sidewalk trying to pull off wearing one of my suits and slicking back my hair as a Wall Street tycoon costume just so that I can get a mini-Snickers bar.

"Gee, Wade . . . you're . . . uh . . . really going all out this year, aren't ya'?"

"Just put the candy in the bag!"

"Isn't that a plastic bag from Target?"

"Never mind that! Just give me some flippin' candy!"
___________________________________________

Sorry to deprive you of the QOTW results but my computer is giving me all sorts of fits.

Needless to say, the majority of you would never dress up for Halloween.

Bunch of fuddy-duddies!

4 comments:

Casdok said...

Cant wait to see the photos!!

Hilary said...

despite your request for blog stalker reveals, I did not. But since I confessed on my blog, I thought I should let you know that I've been enjoying your humor for at least a month now, as well as your wife's. Your son is precious too.

Jill said...

Just wait til Tate is bigger. You get to raid his candy bag. Mmmm.....Kit-Kats.......

Wade said...

Hey Cas,

Neither can the rest of us!
_______________________________

Hey Hilary,

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello - glad you enjoy the blog!
_______________________________

Hey Jill,

Yeah, I'll be the one standing over Tate's sholder monitoring what kind of candy he gets!

"Uh, my son doesn't like Whoppers. Do you have any Skittles instead?"