It's wrong! It's disrespectful! It's shameful! It's manipulative! It's . . . downright un-American!
On October 29th, I walked into the first retailer of the year who was playing Christmas music before the official start of Christmas season! That's skipping not only Thanksgiving but Halloween, too!
Bad, Swoozies! Bad!
Preemptive Christmas celebrations should not be tolerated because:
1. It shows blatant disrespect for Thanksgiving, a equally important holiday that already has self-esteem issues because kids find it unbearably boring.
2. Celebrating Christmas too early will result in prolonged exposure to Christmas carols; which studies have shown can lead to health risks such as bleeding ears, temporary insanity and/or flu-like symptoms.
3. Some people are easily disoriented when they see Christmas decorations while it's still 80-freakin'-degrees outside.
4. Celebrating Christmas for more than just one month out of the year helps some people justify leaving their Christmas lights up all year long. (Don't kid yourselves, people - the homeowner's association knows who you are!)
5. Don't ask me how, but I'm almost certain it only encourages the terrorists! And how would you like that on your conscience?!?
So do the right thing, blog world - boycott all retailers guilty of preemptive Christmas celebrations!
Boycott! Boycott! Boycott!
(Disclaimer: Before you all bag on me for going into Swoozies, just know that I went with Kelly so that she could pick out Tate's birthday invitations without being distracted by our soon-to-be 1-year old!)