Sunday, November 18, 2007

QOTW: Finger Lickin' Good!


I realize that's a Kentucky Fried Chicken reference but it still applies!

Thanks to my mother-in-law slaving away in the kitchen all day Saturday, I've already enjoyed Round One of the holiday meal.

Dressing with turkey. Dressing with mashed potatoes. Dressing with corn. What makes dressing so great is that it goes with everything.

Which makes me wonder . . . what about dressing with Magic Shell?

Funny how the turkey is the centerpeice of the meal yet nobody voted for it as their favorite.
___________________________________________________

"Which part of the Thanksgiving meal is your favorite?"

Total votes: 25

The dressing: 14 (56%)

Other: 5 (20%)
- anything sweet
- broccoli-rice casserole made with jalapeno Cheez Whiz
- all of it
- Green bean casserole
- Mom's gravy -- it's almost like soup with turkey and boilded eggs...yum!


The buttered rolls: 3 (12%)

The Blue Bell Ice Cream with Magic Shell: 2 (8%)

The pumpkin pie: 1 (4%)

The cranberry sauce: 0

The turkey: 0

2 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

That looks a very good meal with the crispy skin. But I usually favour chicken over turkey. For me chicken is hit and miss, unlike beef for the most part. If chicken is creatively done it can be excellent, otherwise it can be just okay. Turkey is often nice, but sometimes too dry. I liked the pheasant and goose (which I had in England).

Now figuratively, if I had to choose, I would rather be a turkey than a chicken in life.

Cheers, Wade:)

Wade said...

I'm with you, Russ!

I think Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only 2 times a year I eat turkey. And you're right, I think the dryness factor is the biggest reason why. Nothing bogs down a holiday meal faster than dry turkey - makes me think of that scene from Christmas Vacation when they are all trying to eat that over cooked turkey.

Such greatness!