Saturday, November 10, 2007

Talk About Surreal . . .

This is probably one of those 'just had to be there moments' but . . .

. . . because Kelly kicked us out of the house last night so that she could throw a baby shower for Shannon sans diaper changes and bottle feedings, Tate and I decided to sleep over at my parents . . .

So I woke up this morning in the same room I grew up in, in same bed I used to sleep in, under the same old ceiling fan, looking out the same old window . . . and listening to my 11-month old son babble-talk to himself in his pack-n-play next to my bed.

Yeah, pretty surreal.

I'm just glad it was at 6:45 AM. Which is a marked improvement over last week when he was waking up at 5:45 AM - a feeling that would most definitely be described as something other than surreal.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Ahh that's sweet and yes very surreal.

Susan

Keri said...

That was very sweet of you to give Kelly her space for girl stuff.

Very surreal indeed. What is even stranger is to think when Tate is old enough for sleep overs and that he will probably be in that bed someday all by himself dreaming. I wonder if he will dream of drums, camp, ACU, and finding that perfect girl just like his daddy did?

Audra Laney said...

Very weird. Almost like the first time you spend the night in the same bed at your parents' house...and your mom calls you both down for breakfast. You wake up in your old house, old bed, old surroundings, with a familiar voice calling....lying next to the opposite sex. Moment of panic. Oh wait, we're married. :)