Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tate-lemania!


I was floored by how floored some guy at the grocery store was that an 11-month old would be wearing a Beatles t-shirt (thanks to a really nice cousin in NoCal).

"Are you really Beatle fans?"

I gave him a look as if to say, "Uh . . . who isn't?"

He proceeded to talk about the Beatles like they were some obscure be-boop group from the 60's that no one had ever heard of.

"I was one of their biggest fans growing up. I even had tickets to see them in Toronto . . . but I didn't go because I got strep throat."

Strep throat, huh? You couldn't fight through strep throat to see the Beatles? Some fan you are!

I told him my aunt-in-law saw them at Candlestick with an air of authority as if I had actually been there myself. It had the intended affect.

"Wow! The Beatles in San Francisco?"

"Yep, 1966. It was great."

"Well, it's was sure nice talking to you."

"Anytime at all."

This video's for you, Aunt B!

(Update: I changed the video because I finally found one that was actually from the concert at Candlestick . . . still can't find Aunt B in the crowd shots, though.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wade--Thanks so much!!!! At least this clip actually let me hear what they were singing AND see what they looked like!!!!!!!! One of the best days of my youth, oh so many years ago.

Tate looks great in his shirt too!

Hope all is well. I'm honored to be the first to comment too. How appropriate.

Watch those Cowboys almost get beat by a BEARS alum QB??????????

Aunt B

Kelly said...

Watching that clip and seeing the crazy girls in the crowd reminds me of my days long ago at the New Kids on the Block concert. Or maybe my not-so-recent days at an 'N Sync concert. Aren't you proud??

Wade said...

Hey Aunt B,

Glad you enjoyed it!

And yes, I did feel a bit conflicted as Rodgers took the field!
_______________________________

Hey Babe,

I'm just glad you showed a little restraint at the Celine Dion concert. That evening was hard enough on me as it was! I didn't need my hysterical wife passing out in ailse!

W

See-Dub said...

Ooh, Wade, you're feeding my Beatles fever! I can't even imagine seeing them in concert.

Rodgers was impressive--first pro TD pass and all. Just glad he didn't win!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wade, thought you had put a new clip up. Doesn't appear that any shots were taken of our area, that would have been behind home plate, so we were looking through the backstop, many rows back. As the stage was set up in Center Field and tour equipment wasn't what it is now, we mostly got to hear all the screaming and needed binoculars to actually see their faces. But, still remains one of the best days of my youth.

Barb